IGNORED

ST multi disk games problem with Gotek

I have a Gotek running Flash Floppy in my 1040STF and it works fine except for multi disk games - I just don't know how to swap disks. I select the next / proper disk using the buttons on the Gotek, but the ST does not seem to detect the change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Try removing the disk image, leaving the Gotek drive "empty", before inserting the other one. Or temporarily swap to a disk image file that has the opposite read only status.

The ST has a particular disk change detection based on the disk write protection. The exact implementation depends on the specific TOS version and it doesn't work with most PC drives. It is possible that the Flash Floppy doesn't exactly emulate an original ST drive. But even then, here it is worse because you change disk instantaneously, something that you can't do with real disks.

There should be here in the forum several threads describing the issue in detail.

I've used Goteks quite a bit recently, both FlashFloppy and HxC firmware, and I haven't noticed a problem with this. If, like ijor says, it works differently with different TOS versions, that could explain why I've never noticed a problem. Which version of TOS and country of origin is your STF and which game are you having trouble with? I'd just like to try to recreate your problem this week if I have the time to tinker.