IGNORED

turn OS-B carts into XL/XE carts, please...

56 minutes ago, Wrathchild said:

Here's an 8K version, basically unpacking and repacking the original whilst introducing a patch to avoid overwriting GINTLK. Sources in the zip file.

Gorf_Wrathchild.zip 30.54 kB · 3 downloads Gorf_Wrathchild.car 8.02 kB · 4 downloads Gorf_Wrathchild.rom 8 kB · 2 downloads

Much more elegant solution. Love it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/7/2020 at 7:35 PM, venom4728a said:

Here are the files I just created using Cart studio. They work on Altirra using XL Bios. Probably will work with OS-B too.

- Danger Ranger

- Gorf

- K-Krazy Kritters

- K-Star Patrol

- Protector II

- Seafox

- Slime 

- Picnic Paranoia

- Speedway Blast

Car Files for XL.zip 157.13 kB · 96 downloads

Just came across this as I was trying to get Speedway Blast running on my XEGS with the Ultimate Cart. Thank you! YAY!

• 8 months later...

It's always good to make software cart, file, and OS agnostic... so it'll work on everything, glad people are still finding this thread and the work towards the lofty goals continues... making sure it works on all (or as many) machines and devices as possible.

• 1 year later...

Over the years, I've heard people make the claim that there are copies of GORF (and Demon Attack) that will work on an XL/XE machine, but can I assume based on the conversation here that it's just a rumor?  Does anyone actually own an original cartridge of either title that works?

49 minutes ago, Psionic said:

Over the years, I've heard people make the claim that there are copies of GORF (and Demon Attack) that will work on an XL/XE machine, but can I assume based on the conversation here that it's just a rumor?  Does anyone actually own an original cartridge of either title that works?

The only working copy of Gorf I have on my XE is a disk version.  I am not aware of a patched version on cart.  not that it couldn't be done, I've just never seen nor herd of an original one.

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

I am not aware of a patched version on cart.  not that it couldn't be done

In this very thread 

@Wilheim did a 16K image first and I made an 8K one to match the original.

There wouldn't have been a commercially matched version but you could replace the Rom inside with this.

Edited by Wrathchild

Hot plugging the carts with RAM OS translator has been know to make some work. I kid you not because I've done it and may have even posted it. Factory carts no changes done no rom replacement it's the same as any other cart just run the translator OS replacement first and then hot plug. Or use a cart extender with switch so the cart is already plugged, and flip the switch to turn the car on after the xlator is loaded.

• 1 year later...