IGNORED

Uno 2600 build issue

mamejay

Hey guys. Wondering if you can help.

Built a cart using a stm32f407vgt6 diymore dev board.

I managed to get a menu but from what I have been told this is a test menu.

It's not reading from my sdcard.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks

5786b6149b5fc357a741fdf695bf448d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

On 6/10/2020 at 1:31 AM, Al_Nafuur said:

Try this test build, i just disabled the comm blocking (which is only necessary for 7800 bootup)

firmware.bin 48.04 kB · 3 downloads firmware.elf 491.99 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks for that.  just tested and just get the big SD displayed.  If I hit he reset button on the dev board I get that same test menu list up again.

On 6/12/2020 at 9:34 AM, mamejay said:

Thanks for that.  just tested and just get the big SD displayed.

While the SD Logo is displayed, the VCS is performing a "waitroutine" in his RAM and the STM32 is trying to read the SD card, and storing the entries in a variable. If the STM32 "crashes" during this task, the VCS will never get the cue to return from the "waitroutine". The problem might be SD-Card wiring?

On 6/12/2020 at 9:34 AM, mamejay said:

If I hit he reset button on the dev board I get that same test menu list up again.

I don't know how this could happen, with my test build. In this firmware the menu area of the ROM should always be overlaid by the STM32 menu variable, which is empty or it contains the files list of the SD card.

can you select these test entries? what happens if you press the fire button?

4 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

While the SD Logo is displayed, the VCS is performing a "waitroutine" in his RAM and the STM32 is trying to read the SD card, and storing the entries in a variable. If the STM32 "crashes" during this task, the VCS will never get the cue to return from the "waitroutine". The problem might be SD-Card wiring?

I don't know how this could happen, with my test build. In this firmware the menu area of the ROM should always be overlaid by the STM32 menu variable, which is empty or it contains the files list of the SD card.

can you select these test entries? what happens if you press the fire button?

I have given up for now.  Might grab the original dev board used in the original article and do a rebuild.  Has to do with something on the dev board I purchased.  Anyway thanks for you help Al_Nafuur!