IGNORED

Upcoming full-size Legends Pinball home machine revealed

Full post: https://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/2020/06/08/upcoming-full-size-legends-pinball-home-machine-revealed/

Summary: The newest entry in the impressive Legends home arcade series, which already includes the Legends Ultimate and Legends Gamer, has been revealed in a fascinating new teaser. Scheduled for release at major retailers in the US later this year, the AtGames Legends Pinball looks like a full-size home virtual pinball machine to be reckoned with, particularly since it utilizes the same popular Open and Connected platform that the Legends Ultimate and Legends Gamer already use to great effect.

What's been revealed so far:

Legends-Pinball-Teaser-Leak.png?w=565&ss

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zoyous said:

This sounds good so far!... online screen share party play sounds like it could be cool. When can we expect to see some pictures?

We still have a lot more details to reveal (partners, game list, hardware features, etc.), including photos. No specific timetable just yet.

On 6/10/2020 at 1:25 PM, Asaki said:

BYOG I assume means you can run TPA etc. on it?

...too bad I moved into a smaller place this year...$600 seems suspiciously cheap for a full-size virtual pin...

Just like $600 was suspiciously cheap for a full-size arcade machine? It's true!

I don't want to trump the video posted above as those guys are the ones who shared the info (watch it when you get a chance!), but some highlights from the video:

• Q4 2020 release, $599.99 retail price
  • Full-size (approx. 90% scale)
  • Number of games – 22 (expandable)
  • 32 inch color LCD monitor as main screen
  • 1080p/60fps
  • 14 inch color LCD monitor as back drop (simulates DMD or use as second screen)
  • Nudge and tilt (includes Accelerometer)
  • Haptic feedback – Tactile
  • Physical plunger
  • Adjustable legs
  • SDK for developers
  • PC and other pinball games via BYOG

Legends-Pinball-versus-Competition.png?r

20 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I don't want to trump the video posted above as those guys are the ones who shared the info (watch it when you get a chance!), but some highlights from the video:

• Q4 2020 release, $599.99 retail price
  • Full-size (approx. 90% scale)
  • Number of games – 22 (expandable)
  • 32 inch color LCD monitor as main screen
  • 1080p/60fps
  • 14 inch color LCD monitor as back drop (simulates DMD or use as second screen)
  • Nudge and tilt (includes Accelerometer)
  • Haptic feedback – Tactile
  • Physical plunger
  • Adjustable legs
  • SDK for developers
  • PC and other pinball games via BYOG

Legends-Pinball-versus-Competition.png?r

You have my attention!

Key to these pin sims is the clarity of the screen.  I played one that had Black Knight 2000 (my fav) and it was hard to discern the top level from the bottom as the screen was a bit washed out and playfield distorted.  Hoping this has a good presentation of the playfield!

• 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, Zoyous said:

Okay, we're about five weeks away from the beginning of Q4. When can we expect more information? Hands-on impressions? Information about which retailers will have it in stock?

It's all on track. We'll have more details closer to the release date. We're holding back a few surprises for now. It's quite possible we'll make it out before any of the smaller competing machines, so there should be plenty of time to make an informed decision.

• 1 month later...

The Legends Pinball web page goes live at 9AM PT/Noon ET. That's also when the embargo lifts on the influencer YouTube videos.

The Facebook fan page has more info, and there's even a dedicated Legends Pinball fan page. Both Facebook groups will also have links to the various YouTube influencer videos that have even more information on this upcoming machine. 

You'll find out about what's been upgraded from the earlier leaks, when pre-orders start, etc. I can tell you already that if you're a fan of virtual pinball, there's no other mass market machine out or announced that comes anywhere close to what this has on offer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

The Legends Pinball web page goes live at 9AM PT/Noon ET. That's also when the embargo lifts on the influencer YouTube videos.

The Facebook fan page has more info, and there's even a dedicated Legends Pinball fan page. Both Facebook groups will also have links to the various YouTube influencer videos that have even more information on this upcoming machine. 

You'll find out about what's been upgraded from the earlier leaks, when pre-orders start, etc. I can tell you already that if you're a fan of virtual pinball, there's no other mass market machine out or announced that comes anywhere close to what this has on offer.

Cool.  All Gottlieb games for now?
One day it would be cool to see an "Atari Pinball" pack.

8 minutes ago, fultonbot said:

Cool.  All Gottlieb games for now?
One day it would be cool to see an "Atari Pinball" pack.

The Gottlieb are what's built-in. We'll have more game packs available, plus you can play/add more games via BYOG and ArcadeNet.

• Like 2

Looks pretty good! Wow, 150 lbs.?! I just got a 180 lb. treadmill so I have a good idea of how much this weighs. Although I think just by the form this would be much easier to move into position than the treadmill. Personally I think I would prefer one single art theme, but for a "collage" style this isn't bad. Looks like a real breakthrough in value for money in this field! I'll be interested in seeing how easy it is to get your Steam titles playing on this.

I have been following so many other things that this is really the first time I have looked at this project.

I have space for exactly one machine,whether it be for Arcade games or Pinball.

I already have 1,000s of video games and I love pinball too.

Yet other than a couple pinball video games,it is mostly nonexistent in my house.

My only qualification was whichever machine I buy it plays many different games on one machine.

Good chance I may choose this!

43 minutes ago, Zoyous said:

Looks pretty good! Wow, 150 lbs.?! I just got a 180 lb. treadmill so I have a good idea of how much this weighs. Although I think just by the form this would be much easier to move into position than the treadmill. Personally I think I would prefer one single art theme, but for a "collage" style this isn't bad. Looks like a real breakthrough in value for money in this field! I'll be interested in seeing how easy it is to get your Steam titles playing on this.

In terms of BYOG and Steam and everything related to that, this works similarly to how it works on the Legends Ultimate and Legends Gamer series. It's all part of the same ecosystem. Of course, the 22 built-in games are fully optimized for 1080p/60fps performance and to take advantage of the table's special features. External games will be able to take advantage of only select features (especially things like haptics or the second screen) without having patches. The good thing is that this is going to be on the same weekly update schedule as all the other products in the Legends Arcade Family.

• Like 3