IGNORED

Todd Rogers and Sports Games

BigThunder660

No i will not be taking FAT THUNDER up on the $500.00 bet. I have a life and would never waste them on a FAT LOSER like him. Now on the other hand if Todd takes him up on the game i am sure he will taking home the FAT MANS money. The problem for the FAT MAN is this. When he loses this game and has to pay out he will be broke for the month. So now he will be hurting some resturants bottom line for their profit. Hell he even might lose a pound or two :D So for all of the gamers going out to the show in Vegas PLEASE take lots of pictures of the FAT MAN i have something special for him. Send them to GUIDI5@CONSOLIDATED.NET and we will all have a laugh

Hello all:

My apologies for getting back to the orig posting...never replied to this one yet until now, though I must admit I have enjoyed the follow-up replies to date !!

Todd, like myself, generally prefers non-sports titles with the exception of racing games and a few non-traditional sports titles like Boxing and Skiing by Activision. As good as some sports games are, some gamers concentrate on non-sports titles by personal choice.

One gamer indicated that a "Tennis" game was not accepted by TG, and that is most likely because the ease of getting 6-0, even on hard difficulty. It's still do-able.

As for "Ice Hockey", I'd ask Ron if, for that one, he would be interested in a "biggest blowout" type record (difference between your score and opponent), but that's about all we can possibly track for that title.

Todd just LOVES the "Decathalon" title, but hasn't, to my knowledge, embraced the "Summer Games" or "Winter Games" titles. I have them myself but have not gotten around to submitting scores yet.

Glad to see "Atari Age" is still thriving nicely...it's been awhile since I posted on this forum !!

Robert

Ok Big Thunder

I’ve sat here and thought and thought in rebuttal to this post and all the sayings going on. Here is what I have in mind in addition to your $1,000.00 challenge at CGE. I will NOT articles of clothes or fabric that have de-faming and or slanderous mentions on it in regards to our game if I loose for your bragging rights.

I rather this happen if you wish to offer your $1,000.00 as a prize to me fine I have No control over what you do with your money nor do I care. The thousand dollars is really just a ploy after all not an incentive.

Second I will play you in MLB Slug Fest03 then I would like you to return the courtesy and play me in a game of either Dragster or Decathlons 100meter if you don’t like the home systems we can opt for a game of GORF on the Arcade level. Not feeling so smug now Big Thunder do we. I don’t require YOU to wear anything of humiliating interests if you loose to me and for that $1,000.00 you can stick it. After all money is made to be spent and the whole purpose of this contest or challenge is to have fun.

I’ve always considered myself to take anybody up on any challenge in regards to Video Games now weather or not I can perform and win that is debatable.

Here are some examples: Ron Corcoran’s Challenge on Ms PACMAN, Brian Smith's Challenge on TAPPER C-64 and the Morrow Brothers Challenge on SSX-Tricky just because I haven’t done them yet doesn’t mean that I cant do it . Its only a matter of time and dedication and when you are "ME" and are bombarded with numerous players throwing out challenges on EVERY platform anyone would get a bit inundated with trying every challenge.

In regards to my friend Leo we went to school together and we normally look out for each others backs it’s a Chicago thing and if he takes an offence about something he generally voices his opinion like me and in this case I’m sure he thought that Big Thunder was trying to make me look bad in the Video game world.

So I leave you with this parting thought Big Thunder if you wanted a challenge you got one if you wanted to embarrass you haven’t if you wanted to stir things up on Atari Age I’m sure you did. I only hope you put as much effort in you game as you do your posts and if you do I am in for a real challenge.

Todd Mr. Activision Rogers

In regards to my friend Leo we went to school together and we normally look out for each others backs it’s a Chicago thing and if he takes an offence about something he generally voices his opinion like me and in this case I’m sure he thought that Big Thunder was trying to make me look bad in the Video game world.

:ponder:

He just happened to be perusing AA for the first time ever too... what a coincidence! (Yes that is sarcasm!)

It seems Todd, that your "friends" are a little too sensitive about your image.. as this is the second time one of them has made you look bad by needlessly attacking people on this very forum. Perhaps if they :?: could tell the difference between a genuine threat and some competitive jabbing, you wouldn't feel as though you'd been disrespected.

All this reminds me of the phrase:

"What the f*ck is the internet?!" :lol:

FEE FIE FOE FUM I smell the posts of a Cowardly one. Big Leo are you telling me that you will not take me up on my challenge of $500.00 on MLB Slugfest03 because you are a coward? Sounds to me like it and yet you have the gaul to call me FAT smart observation yes I am larger then most but haven't you noticed I do everything in a big way. I could go back and forth on this toipic like you but then that would make me no better then well you know catch my drift. For Todd Rogers you know who you remind me of "Hulk Hogan" always trying to make a come back and never does I read your web sites biography piece on you and the words Relic and Outdated does that ring a bell . You are a game player from years ago and you are currently older then most of the players of now . How does it feel to go to these events only to be beaten by someone half your age . So Todd bow out gracefully and just be a REF. Now for the informative stuff I have beaten over 133 players on MLB Slugfest03 in states from Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Tennessee, North Carolina ,and P.A. These players were from online meetings and local contests where we met. So if any of the other top players want a piece of the action such as: Firebrand X , The Snow Man, Permafrostrick, D.Yancey, The Playa, MKM, CyberTron , and Rick Step up to the plate. Just like what Snider's said use a BIG BAT and maybe your luck will be better.

P.S. Oh and btw" CLeo" I now weight 672Lbs and My shoe sizes are 22 5E , Jacket is 80 and my pants are 75x42 do you think you can size up?

Greg BigThunder660

This is getting like Romper Room for those of us old enough to remember the show. I have a couple of questions "Who's bringing the PS2 for this event and what happens if Big Thunder backs out? Do I recieve a Vig if you forefit. For trying to make a come back like Hulk Hogan I never really went anywhere Ive always played video games just not in the same capacity as in the 80s and for me just to stay a REF do you deem me as a threat to your gaming abilities. I am very competitive by nature but when it comes to slinging all this slinging of MUD the competitiveness and fun is LOST and NO I havent lost to any recent contests to younger players since I havent been involved in many recent contest. The whole idea here is about having a GOOD time at CGE and I for one am not going to ruin this by getting mad just because I have a number of high scores you dont want me to have. Nuff Said!!!!!!

Todd Mr. Activision Rogers

This is getting like Romper Room for those of us old enough to remember the show.

Ok Mr. Activisonless, Just who are you calling old? I remember that stupid mirror from the show.. Now let's talk H & R Puffinstuff.. That show rocked..

Yea so this is April, Todd's over protective "chick" friend. Personally I wish BigThunder would keep the offer on the table.. Todd owes me money and I could use it :D .

I personally think this entire thread has gotten out of hand. Many of you started to blame BigLeo. I know BigLeo and yes, he is a loyal friend of Todd's. Any true friend is going to be there for the other. Now, I do not agree with the way the topic had changed to personal bashing but Leo like the rest of us had the right to his opinion. I, in my opinion still have to put most of the blame on BigThunder. I applaud you that you have played your game so much that you are willing to put a thousand on the line. However, one thing that needs to be remembered here is that Nobody is great at EVERYTHING.. I fail to see how beating Todd on this one game will have any baring at all. Will this mean he is not a world record holder ? NO. Will it mean he is not a dedicated gamer ? No. It will just mean that out of thousands of games he is not perfect on one or maybe two titles :D

I think the challenges are great, they add to the entertainment and sport of the game. The gamers however need to chill a bit and realize that there is life beyond the joystick. Too many times posts are made in a bashing nature instead of to praise the winner. I know Todd works very hard at his scores as I'm sure you all do. I know he would much rather read a few compliments then thread after thread of crap.

Now for my real point to this post. I personally would love it if some of you would beat the champ at CGE this year. You have no idea how tiring it is when most phone call topics consist of video games and visits to my house amount to him playing games all night.. So, my challenge is if any one of you can send a more Humbled Todd Mr. Activison Rogers back from C.G.E. I will e-mail you a blackmail pic of Mr. Beat The Champ with his hair done up by my daughter and 3 nieces.

Good Luck Everyone.. And make sure to say Hi to the camera. Todd will be bringing my camcorder and I'd love to finally put a face to all the names I keep hearing.

April

I’ve always considered myself to take anybody up on any challenge in regards to Video Games now weather or not I can perform and win that is debatable.  

Its only a matter of time and dedication and when you are "ME" and are bombarded with numerous players throwing out challenges on EVERY platform anyone would get a bit inundated with trying every challenge.

and NO I havent lost to any recent contests to younger players since I havent been involved in many recent contest.

Something's not adding up. You get millions of challenges every hour, and you consider yourself the type of person who takes on all challengers, yet you haven't competed in any contests recently?

:ponder: :ponder:

Mr.Egomaniac, Todd Rogers.

Sorry folks, but I can't stand people with head similar to a hot air balloon.

Todd, if you are going to challenge someone or break another high score, Nike has a little saying that might help: Just Do It!

Don't say it. Do It! For the love of the game. Do it, and they will come to watch!

Something's not adding up.  You get millions of challenges every hour, and you consider yourself the type of person who takes on all challengers, yet you haven't competed in any contests recently?

:ponder:  :ponder:

No-one expects the Stanish Inquisition!

You are right about something not adding up, more like something seems amiss... but at the same time, I don't really want to see this train wreck - or do I? Hmmm... :ponder: :evil:

Let me clairify on a few things here:

#1 (Stan Jr) What I ment by "not competing recently" on events was in reguards to LIVE sanction TG events or other Sponcered entities like Toys R us . I am currently working on the Crazy Taxi Challenge that Robert Mruczek is promoting and also a challenge by Brien King on Frostbite Freddie.

#2( Kepone) How can you incinuate that I am an" Egomanic" when I am as blunt , direct, and honest as I can be in reguards to what I am doing and yet not to offend other slanderous players or any other players for that matter when they are not measuring up on certain game titles that I play and as for "JUST DO IT" what the heck do you think ive been doing to Piss these players off all these years if I wasnt " Just doing it" we wouldnt be where we are at now "RIGHT" Egomaniac NO Competitive Yes.

#3 (Lost Monkey)" Somthing seeming amiss"Yes it is the constant badgering from BigThunder , He makes his challenge so he should have just left it as is and not continue the constant whimpering and to give this whole post a Black Eye. I have no problems with taking someone up on a challege and like I mentioned in earlier posts it doesnt mean that I will come thru on that particualr challange right away I do have a life other then Video Games.

#4 (Cvga) "The challenge taking place" I guess im in your boat I guess we will all have to wait for CGE to see it happen we may have scared him away. "The Barnstorming Technique" I will bring a copy of Barnstorming this year again to CGE . Remember I performed this very same technique in front of 3 TG referee's and 30 other ATARI gamers at CGE2k1. So if you are willing to take the time and stop by ill play.

Again I have taken NO offence to what any of you gamers have said I just thought you might have a clearer picture on whats going on in my life instead of thinking I am an Egotistical player who only thinks of only himself. I am donating my time to the MDA this year to generate funds toward the MDA when I re-play Journey Escape does this sound to you like a selfish Egomaniac ? I also help other players via telephone with their game queries again would an Egomaniac offer his gaming skills to tell other gamers how to win at games they are good at??? There are plenty of Gamers that know what kind of a person I really am such as: Ron Corcoran , David Yancey , the 5th ghost Doug Korekach, Shane Monroe and Greg Bond and im certain that if you were to ask them their opinion about me they would tell you that I am a serious gamers as yourselves. I hope this responce will put to rest any skeptical and dark thougths in which players have of me.

Todd Mr.Activision Rogers

Nice to see you on here April ;) How are you feeling? I hope all is well with you. I am getting ready for surgery on the 8th. How ever when I get back to work i will be sending you down the money for my site.

I agree that there has been enough crying on Big Thunders part. I hope he brings "TODDS" $1000.00. There where alot of good points brought up here. Now since Big Thunder is so good at his baseball game, that is fine. Now there ought to be a best 2 out of 3 games played. Big Boys Baseball game then maybe Dragster and then one picked out of a box and winner take all. This would be fair on the both of them.

I know how Todd would be up for that, the question is.......Is Big Thunder? 1 on Atari,...1 on like Super Nintendo,.....and then the PS2.

And yes I was on Romper Room :D I even have the pictures to prove it!!

I was a good DoBee, hehehehehe Now if some of you want to put me on IGNORE be my guest that is your choice. I will speak my mind every time i see a injustice to a very good friend of mine. If it bothers some of you then that is your problem NOT MINE. Like you said Big Thunder you do all things in a 'BIG WAY' so now take the full challange and we will see who comes out on top.

I am sure the only place you will win is at the buffet, when you go on another feeding frenzy and pack on some more weight!!!! And it is true i don't measure up to you in size. But My wife and 2 daughters and myself could all fit into one pair of your pants. So i guess i was right all along your just a fat slob. Thank you very little and have a much day. :)

#3 (Lost Monkey)" Somthing seeming amiss"Yes it is the constant badgering from BigThunder , He makes his challenge so he should have just left it as is and not continue the constant whimpering and to give this whole post a Black Eye. I have  no problems with taking someone up on a challege and like I mentioned in earlier posts it doesnt mean that I will come thru on that particualr challange right away I do have a life other then Video Games.

It isn't BigThunder's challenge that gave this post a "black eye". It was your "friend's" personal attacks. They are disgusting and puerile.

#1 (Stan Jr) What I ment by "not competing recently" on events was in reguards to LIVE sanction TG events or other Sponcered entities like Toys R us . I am currently working on the Crazy Taxi Challenge that Robert Mruczek is promoting and also a challenge by Brien King on Frostbite Freddie.

That does clear things up, thank you. :)

I am donating my time to the MDA this year to generate funds toward the MDA when I re-play Journey Escape does this sound to you like a selfish Egomaniac ? I also help other players via telephone with their game queries again would an Egomaniac offer his gaming skills to tell other gamers how to win at games they are good at???  

Todd Mr.Activision Rogers

Would an Egomaniac do those things? Yes, if he could brag about to others. Just a thought. Honestly, Todd, I'm sure you are a perfectly cool guy, but I think to some people (myself included) you come off a bit full of yourself. You call yourself Todd "Mr. Activision" Rogers for pete's sake. Would a humble man do that? Again, just a thought.

Stan :spidey:

and of course last year's 2600 Timed Deca ^^

gavv

After reading through this whole "mess" I must repeat myself:

We are taking this way too serious!

(or is this just the same kind of childish laymen theater like at those wrestling shows? :ponder:)

Hey, it's "only" a hobby. A great hobby! :)

So please, beat the records, challenge your oponents..., but always remember:

Sounds to me like Todd was refering to contests that were within the past few months not last years Decca. So where did he ever come up with that Mr. Activision monicher it has to be because he thought so highly of the Activision company that he worked for? Maybe Im wrong or Im having a blonde moment all I know is that I don't do too aweful bad for a gaming gal on video games.

Player of Klax

Just speaking for myself I have to say that Todd is a cool guy, and I sense a bit of "Player Hatin" going on here.

Todd did not give himself the title of "Mr Activision", it was given to him due to the fact that he specializes in games by this company. Perfectly reasonable.

I would also be much more impressed with somebody challenging Todd on a game he is already known to be good at. This is much different than challenging him on a game that he has never played before.

BigThunder - I have never played MLB whatever. Now if you want to play me at Tekken Tag Team or Tecmo Super Bowl we would have ourselves a match. I would give you 100 straight matches on both games, and if you are not a tournament level player you are not likely to win even one match against me. You are probably thinking something like "I'm not going to play you at those as I'm not into them" which is an analogy to your challenge. The Tekken Tag Team crowd would not think I was special for trashing people who are not dedicated players of the game, and would think less of me for it.

Would it matter if I beat Billy Mitchell at Tekken? No, because Billy doesn't play the game. Beating him at Donkey Kong would be a whole different matter as he is one of the best ever at that game.

Bottom line: challenge and beat Todd at a game he is good at if you want to impress people.

Note: This post is not intended as a flame. Sorry in advance if it comes off as such....

O.K., time for Ron to give his $0.02 and explain some things.

First, let me state that I agree 100% with Thomas, this has gotten blown way out of proportion. Everybody take a deep breathe and relax... we are talking about video games. :)

Secondly, how Todd got the title Mr. Activision. Two and a half years ago, when Todd made his comeback in the video gaming scene, he was introduced to me, the Twin Galaxies Chief Editor and Atari product line referee. Todd and I talked at great length about his past gaming achievements and what his plans were for the future. I immediately started doing my own research on Todd to see if he was for real. As it turns out, after almost a year of digging, he was, in fact, very real. I acquired videotapes of him appearing on local and national news stations playing various Activision titles. I have videotapes and photos of Todd at several CES's in the early 80's where he was employed by Activision to demonstrate their new products, often before those products hit the streets. I have photos and other related materials from promotional events around the US where Todd would meet with celebrities to play them in the games they were endorsing for Activision. The list goes on and on... Well, after this period of discovery, and the simple fact that Todd held, and still holds, more world records on Activision titles than any other person, Twin Galaxies officially bestowed the honorary title of "Mr. Activision" upon him. It is not an ego trip on Todd's part, nor did he seek or ask for that recognition. We, the TG Board of directors, decided to award it to him for his lifetime achievements. Until another individual can post those types of stats and accomplishments, that title will stand.

I hope this explains how and why Todd has his title. I also hope this doesn't offend players like David Yancey and Alan Hewston, as they too are both exceptional video game players as well as Activision experts. I'm sure there are more out there, but you see the point I'm trying to make.

At this years CGE, Todd will be there, as will I and many other TG officials. We are going to run some great events and give away some awesome prizes this year. Be sure to drop by the booth and chat, register for any of our events, or whatever. Just try to remember we are all in this hobby to have fun collecting or playing these great games or just for the camaraderie. AtariAge, and it's citizens, are a great bunch of folks and a fun place to visit. I hope it can continue to remain that way.

P.S. How I got my title is a completely different story I'll share another time. 8)

#2( Kepone) How can you incinuate that I am an" Egomanic" when I am as blunt , direct, and honest as I can be in reguards to what I am doing and yet not to offend other slanderous players or any other players for that matter when they are not measuring up on certain game titles that I play and as for "JUST DO IT" what the heck do you think ive been doing to Piss these players off all these years if I wasnt " Just doing it" we wouldnt be where we are at now "RIGHT" Egomaniac NO Competitive Yes.

Well I stepped out of bounds there Todd.

My apologies.