IGNORED

INTV Brotherhood Annual Meeting?

:henparty:

:fest30:

A get together before the weather turns would be good - August or early to mid-Sept may be a good time-frame. 

Plenty of places to go, but I'd like to steer clear of any Covid hotspots and I am not much of a Vegas fan.

But Vegas would be easy and probably cheap.

I'm about to spend a good chunk of my Portland mad money on other games, and I'm also fairly paranoid about catching the 'rona. But I'm in for a Zoom meeting if you guys have one before you get too involved with a marathon all-you-can-drink-free-as-long-as-you're-at-a-blackjack-table gambling session.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, colormesticky said:

Also try explaining "I'm gonna go hang out with a bunch of strange men in Vegas for a few days" to my husband, lol.

No need to call us strange unless he asks 

Call us "old Intellivision buddies getting together to relive/rehash the good old days of yesteryear", and then if he asks "are they strange", then you can reply with "yes, they are strange, but in a friendly, non-threatening, way"

Or as Douglas Adams puts it - Mostly Harmless

Plus, no reason why he can't join the fun

:pirates:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Intymike said:

As much as I want to meet you, I don’t think that I will travel to the US this year. But maybe we can manage to do some virtual meeting. ?

Are you talking to Jason? This is a family forum, let’s keep it clean. 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

I’ve actually never been to Las Vegas!

I've never gone to the strip, only stayed around Fremont a couple times. I assume the strip is just like Fremont but with fewer old people, and Fremont doesn't try to hide how seedy it is. Go one block off the main drag and it's kinda grimy.

If you go outside Vegas though, the desert there is really beautiful. 

Well I'll be in Vegas for the August 27th preseason game between the Raiders and Cardinals. Not missing the 1st ever game in my new stadium!  Feel free to join me if anyone is bored by then. 

Assuming said game isn't cancelled or Vegas shuts back down again.... Darnnit!