IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 16 FINAL - Pinball

I see this is the final game of the season.  :(  When does the next season start?

I've never played Intellivision pinball before today.  Can't seem to get more than about 5,000 points.  Really hard game so far...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gar0u said:

I've never played Intellivision pinball before today.  Can't seem to get more than about 5,000 points.  Really hard game so far...

Best advice I can give is to slow down and play tactical. This is not a Steve Ritchie flow table, this is stop and aim. First goal each ball is to get the lane blockers up by hitting those notches in the dog bumpers, that'll help a lot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

I dunno, that game was a Perfect Storm scenario. Everything was falling right for me which doesn't happen very often. Played a game this afternoon where I got 114k on my first ball and then the game went into the toilet after that... ?

On the positive side I have gotten to the 3rd screen a few more times today... ?

I’ve had some great starts on ball 1 too that I couldn’t keep the momentum on. Much higher scores are possible. There are a lot of features on this game and a wealth of points available on level 3. Too bad so little time is spent there. Dropping all yellow targets on level 3 FIVE TIMES IN 1 BALL!! opens a cup for extra ball then collect bonus. Seems pretty unlikely. In the past 37 years has anyone ever got an extra ball in this game or a collect bonus during a ball?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ace24 said:

I’ve had some great starts on ball 1 too that I couldn’t keep the momentum on. Much higher scores are possible. There are a lot of features on this game and a wealth of points available on level 3. Too bad so little time is spent there. Dropping all yellow targets on level 3 FIVE TIMES IN 1 BALL!! opens a cup for extra ball then collect bonus. Seems pretty unlikely. In the past 37 years has anyone ever got an extra ball in this game or a collect bonus during a ball?

I know I used to get the EB on level 3 BITD. Not regularly, but definitely multiple times. Also remember having the multiplier up to 3x and 4x at least. Seem to recall that the game was more about the bonus and multiplier (like getting upset if I didn't increase multiplier when bonus was above 20 before draining) than it was straight scoring. 

That's why it's so irritating not to be able to get those kinds of scores nowadays. ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Slight improvement. Decent go except for the bit where I got the golden ball then immediately drained it without scoring a single point. ?

20200615_111423.jpg

Nice score!

I've never been able to make a golden ball appear. I had the moving target come up once, but didn't get anywhere near it! 

Edited by gezkc
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Expect 2 or 3 Intellivision games from this Season 12, showing another appearence for Season 13. ?

Clue: They are of Non-Coleco origins. ?

Question: I haven't seen the Intellivision version of Pac-Man played in a HSC yet since I've been here.  That version is so much better than the Atari version, and it would be cool to have it included in one of these seasons.  Could that be considered for next season?

Edited by IntyFanMatt

3 hours ago, BiffMan said:

Slight improvement. Decent go except for the bit where I got the golden ball then immediately drained it without scoring a single point. ?

20200615_111423.jpg

What exactly does the golden ball do? I've gotten it a few times. I assume you rack up more points with it or does it do even more than that? 

33 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

What exactly does the golden ball do? I've gotten it a few times. I assume you rack up more points with it or does it do even more than that? 

I think it's mentioned in the rules, but it doubles your scoring while it's active 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 2:17 PM, IntyFanMatt said:

Question: I haven't seen the Intellivision version of Pac-Man played in a HSC yet since I've been here.  That version is so much better than the Atari version, and it would be cool to have it included in one of these seasons.  Could that be considered for next season?

Yeah its on the maze list for next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1