IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 16 FINAL - Pinball

Some noteworthy things from tonight's games...

1). I took the golden ball into the 3rd level, but it only lasted maybe 3 seconds. ?

2). I got a 3x20 bonus.

3). I knocked down 2 sets of yellow targets in level 3. Doing that 5 times to get an extra ball is ridiculous.... ?:(

4). I saw what looked like a green dinosaur appear in level 3.

5). I landed the ball on top of what appeared to be a spaceship in level 3. It made a funky noise, lol. 

All this was pretty cool, but didn't amount any great scores.... 

My 12 year old son wanted to play some games tonight. He says it's VERY frustrating, uhhhm yup... ?

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.
  • Like 3

I finally managed to get the golden ball! It didn't seem to help me a huge amount score-wise, but it was nice to experience another feature of the game anyway. I got the moving target on the second table too, but as usual, couldn't hit it! 

DSC_1243.JPG

• Like 4

One thing I'm trying to exploit is the "random" number generator.  For example, if you pull back the plunger as far as possible, the ball will always enter the dog house on the left and give you the first guard.

After that, I don't know... this game is hard.  ;)  My son loves it though and got to the second screen on his second game!

We're having fun with it, but sill only scoring around 10,000.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, gar0u said:

One thing I'm trying to exploit is the "random" number generator.  For example, if you pull back the plunger as far as possible, the ball will always enter the dog house on the left and give you the first guard.

After that, I don't know... this game is hard.  ;)  My son loves it though and got to the second screen on his second game!

We're having fun with it, but sill only scoring around 10,000.

I can't do this though (pulling the plunger back all the way) because if I do the ball shoots right through the wickets like 8 out of every 10 times I try it.... ?

On 6/14/2020 at 6:22 PM, Rickster8 said:

I dunno, that game was a Perfect Storm scenario. Everything was falling right for me which doesn't happen very often. Played a game this afternoon where I got 114k on my first ball and then the game went into the toilet after that... ?

On the positive side I have gotten to the 3rd screen a few more times today... ?

I guess it REALLY wasn't a Perfect Storm scenario as I have gotten this score (160k+) or a little better like 10 times now. But I have not come anywhere close to the 212k I put up last week. I guess for me THAT score was REALLY the Perfect Storm scenario, lol..... I am having decent games, but cannot take good starts and turn them into something awesome. Oh and how ANNOYING is it when the ball gets stuck on the red square on the red level (2nd screen)? I have tilted a few times trying to get the ball out of there or even worse it will just slide down the drain... SOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!! ? Lastly, the 3rd screen is so packed with stuff that you can rarely get a good shot off.... ?

• Sad 2

On 6/16/2020 at 11:55 PM, Rickster8 said:

5). I landed the ball on top of what appeared to be a spaceship in level 3. It made a funky noise, lol. 

Edited by Ace24
Accidentally had my comments inside the quote box
  • Haha 1

I hit the Uranium Bumper once for the first time that I can remember during this competition. It’s very hard to get the ball to the top of the screen on level 3.

Twice this morning the ball fell THROUGH the lower left flipper on level 3. ?

• Confused 1

I barely topped my high score. I had a 4x30 bonus in this one so the final score should have been higher. ? Lol, thanks Ace for clarifying the 'spaceship' is actually called the uranium bumper. Lol, clearly I had no earthly idea what to call it.... ?

I have also had the ball just fall right thru the flipper on level 3. That's a complete rip-off. ?

PB4.jpg.5361ee9068b7784f0bbe236c9ad938f0.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, gavvv said:

Feels good getting back to playing inty for the first time in a couple years. Never really played pinball much, and man was that a mistake I am enjoying it quite a bit.

Gavvv

20200620_155559.thumb.jpg.fabff63c795422f370169a0ce510b69f.jpg

Welcome back!  Hope you can play next season.

I never really played Pinball much either, but it's growing in me.  I play like crap for like 15 -20 games in a row, then everything goes well for a game.  Finally getting better at establishing the barriers early on.  Still suck at getting to and playing levels 2 and 3.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 11:12 PM, Rickster8 said:

I can't do this though (pulling the plunger back all the way) because if I do the ball shoots right through the wickets like 8 out of every 10 times I try it.... ?

Yes, the more commom path it takes is between the flippers.  It is possible to keep the ball in play with a carefully timed left flipper.  It's a tough one, so I find it easier to not pull the plunger all the way back and learn to hit the two notches consistently.

• Like 1

Just wanted to pop by and put in a score for Pinball.

As previously,I had a great time doing the HSC again.

The competition and banter with everyone is a lot of fun. It doesnt matter if you are great at the games or not,or how much time you actually have to put in.

You can come and go as you please without a schedule.

That's why I love it!!!

Thanks again Jacob for running the HSC and keeping us on our toes and off balance with your game selection. 

I never knew what game was coming next!

Hopefully we see everyone back for the next one.?

20200621_141938.jpg

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Just wanted to pop by and put in a score for Pinball.

As previously,I had a great time doing the HSC again.

The competition and banter with everyone is a lot of fun. It doesnt matter if you are great at the games or not,or how much time you actually have to put in.

You can come and go as you please without a schedule.

That's why I love it!!!

Thanks again Jacob for running the HSC and keeping us on our toes and off balance with your game selection. 

I never knew what game was coming next!

Hopefully we see everyone back for the next one.?

20200621_141938.jpg

+1  ?

It took me a while to find you guys, but I'm here to stay.  I'm delighted by the awesome quality of the folks on the forum in general and the HSC in particular.  Awesome fun and who says you ever have to grow up? 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

+1  ?

It took me a while to find you guys, but I'm here to stay.  I'm delighted by the awesome quality of the folks on the forum in general and the HSC in particular.  Awesome fun and who says you ever have to grow up? 

+2

This has been a really great HSC. I've enjoyed trying out games I've never played before and revisiting some of the old favourites. It's been fun playing with you all - there's some great people on this forum! 

A big thank you especially to Jacob for running it all and for choosing such great games (even the Coleco ones ?!). It's been a welcome distraction during these strange times. 

Looking forward to the next one, once I've given my thumbs a rest! ?

• Like 6