IGNORED

Have just read in June 2020's Retro Gamer magazine

Wrathchild

... regular readers will know that we'd normally feature this in our Homebrew section rather than the Mailbag.
Unfortunately, our regular Homebrew author Jason Kelk has been in ICU with COVID-19, so we've put our Homebrew section on hold for the time being.

If you'd like to show your support you can visit his GoFundMe page at https://bit.ly/jkgofundme

Initially I was surprised as its one of my first-to-go-to sections, so then searched more to see if there was an explanation and the back-of-your-mind worst fears were realised when reading the above.

They're close to their target and so let's help get them over the line as @TMR has been a very welcome visitor and contributor to this forum!

• Sad 2

I actually posted about this weeks ago and got shot down for it. He's a lovely bloke and I donated. Thanks to you guys for doing so also. It will really help! ?

I see from Lemon you had COVID as well....

Did you ever get your tapes off?

And if you are reading here via your iPad Jase, you have a lovely wife who also seems to be a very kind person, punching way above your weight there :)

Get well soon my old mate, you are too young to be playing silly buggers..  :)

All the best to you, Sue and tiddlers...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

I see from Lemon you had COVID as well....

Yeah. I was pretty rough for a good while but obviously I've been very lucky. I thought that was you from L64.

Did you ever get your tapes off?

Not sure what you mean?

And if you are reading here via your iPad Jase, you have a lovely wife who also seems to be a very kind person, punching way above your weight there :)

Get well soon my old mate, you are too young to be playing silly buggers..  :)

All the best to you, Sue and tiddlers...

I hope so, but I doubt he is up to any of this as yes. 

Also donated.

I have a rule to never give to charities (as they can spend all the money on flights and lavish parties), but to keep that in mind and give to good causes around myself, such as this.

Jason has been good enough to make games for us all, for free. I hope you get well soon Jason. 

• Like 4

Thanks everyone! Like I say I posted about this. A while ago, but it got trolled so I withdrew it. Glad to see there is a lot of love for TMR/Jason a lovely bloke who has 'put a lot in' and never taken anything out.

Always has time for anyone and although I don't know him that well, I have bothered him with coding questions for years and he is always kind enough to never point out how stupid I am, he is a good conversationalist and always talks a great deal of sense. Keep on fighting Jason, and don't forget your 'special moves!'.

Edited by Guest
Additions

Jason is a great bloke who I have had the privilege to know and work with, I'd known of his work on the C64 and another C64 fave , Bod / Darren of Talent was also a mate so the C64 was common ground. Jase always has a good word for folks and although when he visited our branch of the company he got ribbed silly but took it all in his stride. To be honest it was a shock when I saw his stuff on the Atari, I never knew he had one. So get better Jase and "Don't steal from here again!"

In joke..

I'm a member of Cosine with T.M.R (my C64 6502 coding mentor) and I've written a simple C64 demo to cheer him up (hopefully) while he is frustrated in ICU.

I have some memory left for messages in the scroller, so if you want a message added please leave a post below with a short message (couple of sentences max.) and the handle/name you want assigned to it.  First come first served.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Maybe add a general greeting, like "Greetings from Atari Age 8Bit forum users!" or something similar ?

Donated.

I can (and will) certainly do that, but if anyone wants to send a personal message, please feel free to leave a short messages here with name/handle.

They've just had a major breakthrough!!!

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-16/coronavirus-deaths-reduced-by-up-to-a-third-using-breakthrough-dexamethasone-drug-trial-finds/

They're giving ICU patients this from Tomorrow and to top it off there in an abundance of supply across the country!

I don't know if this drug would/will help Jason, but I really hope so!

1 hour ago, aNdy_v said:

OK, no takers.  I'll add a generic greeting as suggested by CharlieChaplin.

Thank you for your time.

I'd have said 'Keep Fighting Jason! And don't forget your special moves!'

I messaged you about Jason weeks ago on E64. At that point I was just querying if you had heard from him, I suspected he had it, I got it too. I seem to have been incredibly lucky though.

35 minutes ago, ∞ Vince ∞ said:

I'd have said 'Keep Fighting Jason! And don't forget your special moves!'

I messaged you about Jason weeks ago on E64. At that point I was just querying if you had heard from him, I suspected he had it, I got it too. I seem to have been incredibly lucky though.

I'm so sorry, I seem to have missed those messages on E64.  Apologies :(

I can add your above message if you like, or do you want to add more?