IGNORED

Incognito OS update

videofx

I just updated my Incognito to 3.10 and used INCONOGOS.ROM

Thought SpartadosX was updated?

I took a before and after update. The version say the same version 4.49C only difference is the date.  The older is 13-7-2019 and the new version is 22-03-2020

Here are my screen shots. Should the versions be the same or different?

IMG_4683.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg

14 hours ago, videofx said:

I took a before and after update. The version say the same version 4.49C only difference is the date.  The older is 13-7-2019 and the new version is 22-03-2020

Thanks for spotting this. The files in the ROM folder and the SDX ROMs on the ATR appeared to be correct; only the complete ROM images in FIRMWARE.ATR included the outdated SDX. I have re-uploaded and hopefully this corrects the issue. ;)

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, flashjazzcat said:

Thanks for spotting this. The files in the ROM folder and the SDX ROMs on the ATR appeared to be correct; only the complete ROM images included the outdated SDX. I have re-uploaded and hopefully this corrects the issue. ;)

Thanks Jon! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy ;)  

I will try the new upload and report back

3 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

Thanks. I edited my previous post for clarity; only INCOG.ROM and INNOGOS.ROM in FIRMWARE.ATR appeared to be incorrect, and they are the ones I've changed.

Yup, and of course I used INNOGOS.ROM in the FIRMWARE.ATR

Edited by videofx

40 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

Thanks. I edited my previous post for clarity; only INCOG.ROM and INNOGOS.ROM in FIRMWARE.ATR appeared to be incorrect, and they are the ones I've changed.

Jon,

The old version was 4.49c and now it's 4.49?   

Doesn't the Letter after the version usually mean a newer version? Call me confused :)

IMG_4685.jpg

11 minutes ago, videofx said:

Jon,

The old version was 4.49c and now it's 4.49?   

Doesn't the Letter after the version usually mean a newer version? Call me confused :)

IMG_4685.jpg

No - 4.49c was a beta version, 4.49 is the official release.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BillC said:

I think it's the use of the c which increases the confusion, using b1,b2,b3,etc to indicate beta releases would be more obvious.

It is always obvious if you know how this works and have been following SDX development. We had 4.49a, 4.49b, 4.49c and 4.49d. Those were Betas. The RELEASE version doesn't have a letter attached.

Disk based Sparta is different. There are many different letters associated different versions. SpartaDos 3.2d (X32D.DOS), SpartaDOS 3.2g (X32G.DOS), SpartaDOS 3.3a (X33A.DOS), etc.

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Not to state the obvious - but in addition to the version number, there is also a build date stamped with each version.

The trouble with that is the build date gets updated every time you add files to CAR: using the SDX Imaging Tool. So I could easily accidentally produce a 4.49c ROM with a build date later than 4.49 final.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

The trouble with that is the build date gets updated every time you add files to CAR: using the SDX Imaging Tool. So I could easily accidentally produce a 4.49c ROM with a build date later than 4.49 final.

Oh wow - I did not know that (never used the imaging tool).  Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1