IGNORED

Krikzz Mega Everdrive Pro

phoenixdownita

10 hours ago, Asaki said:

Last time I checked, Krikzz intentionally left out support for Pier Solar because he wanted people to support the devs and buy the cart.

But that was a while ago, maybe he changed his mind since then?

From what I understand, that dev doesn't even exist anymore or something and you can't buy the game now unless you get it on Steam, I guess. Not sure what the deal with them is. I do know that the CD audio works on the MegaSD as long as you don't use the 32X since I've played it that way myself, so I suppose it's possible that there is no longer anyone at that developer that would try to sue Krikzz if he implemented its functionality on his cart. Or, at least, nobody who actually cares enough to try, I suppose.

18 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

You haven't heard of Paprium? ?

I vaguely know about it, but I mean like that I don't know what's going on with Pier Solar on Steam. It's still available for purchase, but who gets the money for it? Valve takes their cut, but who gets the rest? Do they still exist in a form that's capable of collecting their income from Steam?

Meanwhile, the Mega Genesis Drive version seems to be completely unavailable and they haven't told Terraonion to go to hell or whatever for allowing it to run on the MegaSD, so I'm really not sure if anyone would care if Krikzz allowed it on this new cart of his.

6 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

...there is no longer anyone at that developer that would try to sue Krikzz if he implemented its functionality on his cart. Or, at least, nobody who actually cares enough to try, I suppose.

He wasn't doing it to avoid getting sued, he was just doing it out of the kindness of his heart.

But I checked last night, and I guess he finally added support for it in the v2 and the x7 (and presumably this new cart as well).

On 8/12/2020 at 10:43 PM, Steven Pendleton said:

I'm really curious about its compatibility. What happens if you try a game with cartridge audio like Gimmick! or Akumajou Densetsu? I'm guessing at the very least that the cart audio won't work, especially since that core is just a fun little bonus and not meant for serious use. Not buying one since I already have the MegaSD, but I've been very curious about this functionality since it was announced.

It's very, very bad. Anything that messes with the sprite tile map mid-frame (which apparently is a popular trick on the NES) is unplayable garbage. You can't even see sprites on the screen in any Castlevania game. Only the simplest of games work with it. Definitely not a selling point, just a fun throw-in.

On 8/15/2020 at 10:26 PM, Chrisgue89 said:

Need help with getting the roms set up for sega cd I get error code 49

Three tips:

1. Start with the Redump set

2. Put them in different folders

3. Run the cd-fix utility on the firmware download site. 

#3 is accomplished by downloading and extracing to the root of the folder where the images sit. It will hit EVERY image in that folder so there's only a need to run it once. Don't run it directly on the SD card because it's SOOOOO SLOOOOOW. Run it on an SSD for fastest results. 

That's how I got it working. 

• 5 months later...
21 hours ago, 7800 said:

I have the Mega Everdrive Pro and the Mega SD. I prefer the Mega SD. Some Sega CD games don't work on the MEP. Everything seems to work fine on the MSD.

I've found that the Mega SD plays every ROM (.md, .bin,. smd, .gen) while the MEP doesn't.

Also every game Genesis genie code i've tried works on the Mega SD but not the MEP.

It sucks that Terraonion stopped supporting the Mega SD - if they would only do a firware update to allow SMS save states it would be far superior to the MEP.

I'm very happy with the Mega SD but it could be so much better.

19 hours ago, SegaShooters said:

I've found that the Mega SD plays every ROM (.md, .bin,. smd, .gen) while the MEP doesn't.

Also every game Genesis genie code i've tried works on the Mega SD but not the MEP.

It sucks that Terraonion stopped supporting the Mega SD - if they would only do a firware update to allow SMS save states it would be far superior to the MEP.

Agreed, I mainly bought the MEP on a whim as an upgrade to my Everdrive MD (which is really old)... Not really surprised that there was no real effort to improve upon the menu screen, but it is what it is. The best combo is the Mega SD with a Mega SG in my opinion. I was lucky to get a Mega SG before they sold out, now the Analogue store has nothing in stock. lol

On 2/7/2021 at 2:03 PM, SegaShooters said:

TO has not stopped supporting it. They have multiple products, and one guy who does the firmware. He has been focused on PSX support for MODE lately. But he has a new firmware almost ready for MegaSD.

Based on prior comments I believe it will be increased number of save slots for Genesis, some cheat feature, the updated sms fm instruments, rom+cd games will now boot with cd hardware enabled by default, without rquiring a header change, and Sonic Delta fixes.

He has SMS saves working. But he was having some issue with restoring them. Also, pretty sure there is some hardware incompatibility with some consoles where sms saves won't work. I think model 1 and MegaSg will, but model 2 won't. Or something like that. It might be in game menu for sms though, not save states. So don't quote me on that though. But there is some hardware issue.

On 2/8/2021 at 10:08 AM, 7800 said:

The best combo is the Mega SD with a Mega SG in my opinion. I was lucky to get a Mega SG before they sold out, now the Analogue store has nothing in stock. lol

I thought the MegaSg had some issues with some CD games. A timing issue or such. Pretty sure it does for sure with real cd hardware, and I thought it also affected MegaSD (and presumably MedPro). But I stopped following Analogue stuff a while ago, so maybe that's changed. But the way they tend to drop support for older products, I doubt it. 

5 hours ago, nick3092 said:

I thought the MegaSg had some issues with some CD games. A timing issue or such. Pretty sure it does for sure with real cd hardware, and I thought it also affected MegaSD (and presumably MedPro). But I stopped following Analogue stuff a while ago, so maybe that's changed. But the way they tend to drop support for older products, I doubt it. 

It's possible. At some point maybe I'll go through the list and see if they're all working.