IGNORED

Virtual Tap Anaglyph.

I asked furrtek, the maker of virtual tap, and one installer, Ifixretro, if I can have 2 virtual taps installed on the same machine, either both SCART or both VGA, (which are his only 2 formats anyway.) Have the left black and red, have the right black and cyan, and overlay them over each other to make anaglyph video.

The said all the videos were on emulation.   It should work if you find a way to do that, but unless some is paying for their time and material, I'm on my own.

I was thinking live video broadcast editing equipment.  However, they are usually attached to computers which control the video mixing.

Most editing boards use for a cross fade averaging the 2 Lumas, and I don't know what their chroma formula is.

However since the video is natively RGB with either VGA or SCART, we just need to take the red of left, the green and blue or right, and use an RGB additive combining logic circuit to sync up the 2 eyes, and merge them.

I know it can be done with expensive "general purpose" editing equipment.  All I want is a *single function RGB A + RGB B additive circuit.  If it wasn't for the issue of sync with merging 2 pictures into one, I'd think a simple passive Y cable with Ref of left and Green and Blue of right would work.

And remember, since there are no Virtual Boy light gun games, 1 millisecond of ping or less is acceptable.

The best video Electronics place I know for weird stuff is B and H Photo and Video. They'll call me to see how much an external RGB video editor costs.

Sorry for babbling I'm just wondering if anyone has an RGB additive circuits so that the red of left eye plus the green and blue of ride I can be combined and synced up as a single anaglyph.

I know there's general-purpose video editors usually, computerized I could do that.  just wondering what a single-purpose machine that does that would cost.

Yes I'm trying to make it display in red and cyan anaglyph 3D.

2 reasons why I want to do it are because a I got red and cyan glasses, and because red and  cyan anaglyph 3D is considered 2D compatible in terms of technology, in other words you don't need a special 3D monitor and 3D capture card to capture Virtual Boy 3D accurately.

I was going to go stream myself some Virtual Boy if I could get this anaglyph working.   furtek and I fix retro boat said it should work in theory but they're not getting paid to think of that.  They said that's my business if I want to make a 3D play on a CRT VGA monitor.

I got two questions about synxing stereo images and the Virtual Boy.

1) are the left and right eyes in sync with each other?  If not, what is the sync relationship between the left eye in the right eye.

2). if the left and right eyes were drawn simultaneously in sync with each other, then am I correct that a passive adapter which just takes the sync from either the left or the right, taking the red of the left and taking the green and blue of the right, and assuming a passive adapter is additive in RGB mode, then shouldn't a passive adapter work as I described?

3) if the left and right eyes are not in sync with each other and either have alternate frame sync, or totally independent sync, then the solution should be using a live video editing box that has the relationship of additive RGB combining.  the new signal would have its own sink and at worst add 10 to a hundred microseconds of ping.  and the only types of games were that much ping would throw it off om are light gun games, and the only way I light gun Virtual Boy exists is assuming you use a virtual tap, then we don't have to care about liking games and anything under a millisecond is awesome.

does anyone have the timing specs of the left eye vs. Right eye? Are they simultaneously synched together?  And if so should a passive adapter work?  And if not should a video editor with RGB additive qualities work?

• Confused 1