IGNORED

Tauon Electronics - Tauon PC-1 (Have you heard of this?)

seastalker

Just like putting a pi in a professional arcade stick, it seems convenient to play computer emulators built in to ANY keyboard at first glance. The layout is not the best. I have a Speccy usb keyboard and hopefully soon an Amiga 1200/keyrah setup soon and would rather play computer emulators with such devices. 

It's positioned to be an inexpensive computer for kids.  There's lots of single board computers out there, just add keyboard and mouse.  I only see one usb port on this one. You'd have to compare bang for your buck.  Not sure what's preferable for OS; android or some other version of Linux.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one  on my desk right now. It's Not terrible. It comes preinstalled with a ZX Spectrum Emulator, and Retroarch, have not had a lot of time to mess around with it. I openned the case. nothing special about it ... I lucked out and got one on Ebay for about $70

if there are any tests you want me to run on it. Let me know.

On 6/11/2020 at 12:50 PM, seastalker said:

would rather play computer emulators with such devices. 

The Mainboard does have a USB connector on it (on the interior of the case), which is used for connecting the onboard keyboard. You could use the USB keyboard of your desire in this port.

I am willing to test this with whatever you wish. as long as it is non-destructive. 

Edited by Mehridian Sanders

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2020 at 5:34 PM, Mehridian Sanders said:

I have one  on my desk right now. It's Not terrible. It comes preinstalled with a ZX Spectrum Emulator, and Retroarch, have not had a lot of time to mess around with it. I openned the case. nothing special about it ... I lucked out and got one on Ebay for about $70

if there are any tests you want me to run on it. Let me know.

The Mainboard does have a USB connector on it (on the interior of the case), which is used for connecting the onboard keyboard. You could use the USB keyboard of your desire in this port.

I am willing to test this with whatever you wish. as long as it is non-destructive. 

I'm not sure I would call it lucked out at $70.. maybe $30... looks pretty crappy to me to be honest.. I think a $30 Android box will have more power so paying $40 for KB and mouse and for privilege of having PCB inside KB is too much. But that's just MY view

On 7/24/2020 at 1:04 AM, Methanoid said:

I'm not sure I would call it lucked out at $70.. maybe $30... looks pretty crappy to me to be honest.. I think a $30 Android box will have more power so paying $40 for KB and mouse and for privilege of having PCB inside KB is too much. But that's just MY view

ehh... tried it ... have to agree with you. still better price than the website for it. it is an OK emulator. probably gonna put the Raspberry/Rock Pi in there when I get the chance. Might be an addon to the Creality Ender 3 Pro I got. *shrug* might as well put it to use. 

I just use the bluetooth keyboard I got as part of the "phone wallet" I got for my samsung 5S many moons ago, with the Eltechs windows emulator.  It's basically WINE along with their proprietary x86 emulator, but it is good enough to do a LOT of things. Just about any windows title from the 90s works just fine (there are exceptions-- things that need opengl do not seem to work well/at all... but directX things work just fine. Go figure). Mouse input is handled with the touchscreen, and keyboard works fine with bluetooth.

The keyboard has velcro on the back, and stays in the phone wallet. 

For emulating old systems, I actually was really quite amused by the nintendo Wii. (Yes. The nintendo wii.)  There is version of dosbox that works approximately on par with a 386, a version of UAE, and many classic console emulators for it.  It is designed to fit in your living room already. Its wiimote works as mouse input in basically any emulator that supports mice. (and most support real mice too.)  Real USB keyboards can be attached, as can real external USB storage.

Edited by wierd_w