IGNORED

Good EPROM Access Timings

Asking this in the programming subforum in hopes I don't get inundated with requests for things I don't want to do:  I got all set up to make some cartridges, and ordered some M27C160 chips and a lot of scrap cartridges to recycle from Ebay.  The operation was a success, and I now have a working cartridge on a PCB I slapped some 42-pin sockets on.  All good so far, so I went back to order more EPROMs from the same seller, and while looking for a larger lot, I noticed they have both -100F1 and -50F1 variants of the M27C160, corresponding to 100ns and 50ns access times in the specs apparently:

https://www.findchips.com/compare/M27C160-100F1--vs--M27C160-50F1

I had naively ordered the 100F1 chips the first time, and as mentioned, they work fine, but now I'm wondering if I lucked out and that was just a good batch, the game I burned used some relaxed memory timings, etc.  I looked through the technical reference manual, and by my calculations I'm OK either way I think:

-Jag runs at ~30Hz (round up to be safe)

-That's ~34.5ns per clock by my math

-Can't recall where, but I seem to recall reading that most games program/leave MEMCON1 at the default or at the least ask for 5-clock waits for ROM accesses

-34.5 * 5 = 172.5, well above 100ns.

Could someone check my work here before I go and order more chips that won't work if I want to burn myself a repro cart of some one-off game that wants super-fast access (I'm not making these for others, don't ask), or juice up the access speed for my own code?

The EEPROM interface use the IOSPEED parameter as the EEPROM is read/write from the GPIO interface.

If i remember correctly the register is configured it 6cycles.

Others mode are not working due to a bug in Jerry wich decode the GPIO range