IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 6 ~ Dolphin

Vocelli

Been sticking with the "jump the seahorses" strategy, thanks Rogerpoco, and am very surprised with how well I did. Although I do feel like this method goes against the intended way to play, I agree that it's the way to get high scores. Around mid 30k, it starts to speed up and I can get into a nice rhythm, then it speeds up again around 100k and it's harder to grab the seagull. By the time I got my high, I was blasting through my reserve dolphins :( Did manage a nice amount there tho.

dolphin-141k.thumb.JPG.cd93d3c48e51b8b75cfc4ea522d9912a.JPG

8 extra dolphins

dolphin-8lives.thumb.JPG.10ae5b155b6bacbf51ee6b294429c139.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Been sticking with the "jump the seahorses" strategy, thanks Rogerpoco, and am very surprised with how well I did. Although I do feel like this method goes against the intended way to play, I agree that it's the way to get high scores. Around mid 30k, it starts to speed up and I can get into a nice rhythm, then it speeds up again around 100k and it's harder to grab the seagull. By the time I got my high, I was blasting through my reserve dolphins :( Did manage a nice amount there tho.

dolphin-141k.thumb.JPG.cd93d3c48e51b8b75cfc4ea522d9912a.JPG

8 extra dolphins

dolphin-8lives.thumb.JPG.10ae5b155b6bacbf51ee6b294429c139.JPG

I don't think it's possible to survive this game, even at the slow levels, if you don't jump over the seahorses/seaweed/whatever those things are.  Even at the slowest settings, you would have to be pretty far back (and therefore, close to Squidward) in order to even have a chance of maneuvering through it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Deteacher said:

I don't think it's possible to survive this game, even at the slow levels, if you don't jump over the seahorses/seaweed/whatever those things are.  Even at the slowest settings, you would have to be pretty far back (and therefore, close to Squidward) in order to even have a chance of maneuvering through it.

Yeah I agree, even though the tones let you know which gap to go through, it would be very tough

On 6/13/2020 at 4:15 PM, AtariWarlord said:

How the merciful hell are you guys so good at video games? Did you take a class in it or something? I've owned this game for 35 years and thought I was decent at it. Got a 40,000-plus score first try and came here to see if it was even worth posting. Guess not. 

Nowadays, you can find strategies and how to play the game really well on Youtube. That's my secret for games that I don't normally play, or a new game that I want to get a good score on. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lauren Tyler said:

Just what is the secret to getting through the schools of seahorses at the later levels when the amounts of sonar beeps are randomized?

Dolphin (1983) (Activision)_4.png

You have to get used to the rhythm of each speed and jump over the seahorses.  Then as soon as the squid changes color, the seagull is going to come out.  Time the jump up to grab it and chase down the squid.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

It has come to my attention that several members are posting scores AFTER the Midnight Deadline Time.... This cannot happen.

We have a deadline time for a reason. So.... NO MORE SCORES POSTED AFTER THE MIDNIGHT TIME WILL BE ACCEPTED!

From this day forward....Once that clock hits 12:00am.... It is over and done. DO NOT POST SCORES.

Members can PM me if you see a score after the Midnight deadline!

Thanks, 

Vocelli

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1