Jump to content
Shift838

IDE Group is HERE!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello fellow TI and Geneve Users!

 

The new round of the IDE Group Buy is finally here!

 

It’s amazing that this card is being reborn from it’s original files and designs by Theirry Nouspikel to help get more of these jems in TI and Geneve users PEB units. 

 

I am opening up the PRE-ORDER effective immediately.  The preorder will last through June 25, 2020.  No new pre-orders will be offered for this round.

 

I have quite a few options on the IDE Pre-Order on my store.  Such as IDE2CF, IDE2SD card adapters, SD, CF cards, assemble services and more.  I have also added the option if you would like to purchase my BQ4802 clock module for use with the IDE as a backup to the original BQ4847 that’s in the component kit.  My clock module allows you to change the battery and crystal easily and are currently active components being manufactured.  Please be sure to check out all options for the IDE card when adding it to your shopping cart.

 

If no other options are chose but the IDE card then that is only a BARE PCB, so please review your orders before submitting to ensure everything is as you want it.

 

There are other products in the store to cover if a user is sending me a card from the original run to assemble/test as well as purchasing of a separate IDE component kits, my clock module, etc.

 

I am still working on the 3D case for the IDE2SD adapter.  Just need to get my bed leveled a bit better.  I’ll send an email to anyone that has interest in those, just let me know.

 

If you are purchasing multiple cards then please only select one card and then select the options for that card, go back and repeat.  This will ensure that each card gets flagged correctly on the order.

 

For all buyers please be aware that shipping will be collected in a separate invoice when the item(s) are ready for shipment.  This is to ensure that shipping and packaging are accurately calculated since there are many options that are offered on this pre-purchase and weight can be a factor of multiple cards and other items can be ordered.  The IDE card and items will not be shipped until the shipping invoice is paid.

 

All items will be shipped with tracking numbers for US and International as well as insurance for the amount of the invoice with no exceptions.  All US packages will be shipped with US Priority Mail.  For all international packages all custom forms will be submitted with accurate counts and value of items being shipped.  Buyers will be responsible for paying any custom fees associated with the package or contents. 

 

No Batteries will be shipped if purchasing my SHIFT838 Clock module.  This requires a CR2032 battery, which is easily obtainable.

 

IDE cards will be smoke tested and burned in prior to shipping.

 

I suspect it will take about 3 weeks to get the PCBs once ordered.  The components will take 2 to 3 weeks as well. 

 

Orders will be filled by invoice number, so first in equals first out.  I believe I will have quite a few cards to build, so please be patient.  You can always check up on your order of where it is in the stack by emailing me directly.  Please include your invoice/order #.

 

Cancellations are not permitted as once the orders go in for the components and PCBs the items are already paid for.

 

Direct Links:

IDE Pre-order: https://shift838.fwscart.com/IDE_Card_PRE-ORDER/p5569983_20518961.aspx

 

Separate Component Purchase if not buying IDE card: https://shift838.fwscart.com/IDE_Component_Kit/p5569983_20531831.aspx

 

Assembly Service Charge of older run boards: https://shift838.fwscart.com/IDE_Assemble_Fee/p5569983_20532062.aspx

 

SHIFT838 Clock Module: https://shift838.fwscart.com/SHIFT838_RTC_Module_for_TI-994A_IDE_Card/p5569983_20533297.aspx

 

For anyone that has any questions please contact me vi PM.

 

 

Thank you,

 

Chris Schneider (SHIFT838)

Web Store: https://shift838.fwscart.com

Web Site: http://shift838.99er.net

BBS : fusionbbs.ddns.net:9640

          fusion.zapto.org:9900

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Online order replaces what we put into the spreadsheet? I placed my order online.

 

Also I was not sure what this meant:

>I am opening up the PRE-ORDER effective immediately.  The preorder will last through June 25, 2020.  No new pre-orders will be offered for this round.

 

Does 'No new pre-orders' mean nobody but  those who pre-pre-ordered on the spreadsheet, or can anyone join, thru Jun 25?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

Online order replaces what we put into the spreadsheet? I placed my order online.

 

Also I was not sure what this meant:

>I am opening up the PRE-ORDER effective immediately.  The preorder will last through June 25, 2020.  No new pre-orders will be offered for this round.

 

Does 'No new pre-orders' mean nobody but  those who pre-pre-ordered on the spreadsheet, or can anyone join, thru Jun 25?

 

The spreadsheet was just to gauge interest of what people wanted.

 

Pre-order will go through June 25, 2020 at which time I will 0 out the quantity so no new pre-orders can be done.  On June 26, 2020 I will order all the components and PCB manufacturing.

 

Anyone can order through June 25, 2020, they don't have to be on the spreadsheet.  As long as all orders are in by June 25, 2020 @ 11:59 p.m. CST

 

Truth be told I will probably not disable the pre-order until I get my but out of bed on June 26, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. CST

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delightful conversation with Chris the other night who helped me sort out the options on an IDE card order.  At this rate, I may be looking at a PEB splitter and a second box!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Shift838

Hi, if I order an IDE with the SD-adapter, is there a standard IDE-connector on the board where the adapter

is connected with like an IDE drive ?

Means, can I use a standard IDE disk drive with the "IDE-Card with SD-Adapter" by just unplugging this adapter ?

 

thx

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

@Shift838

Hi, if I order an IDE with the SD-adapter, is there a standard IDE-connector on the board where the adapter

is connected with like an IDE drive ?

Means, can I use a standard IDE disk drive with the "IDE-Card with SD-Adapter" by just unplugging this adapter ?

 

thx

 

yes, there is.  You will need the drive cable as well as the power cable.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Shift838

If I add the "Component Kit" (to populate my own board),

do I also have to add the "Shift838 Clock Module" ?

Means, is a clock included in the Component Kit ? If so, which one ?

 

PS: And where do I find this SRAM-thing ? Or is this the "Shift838 Clock Module" ?
 

Edited by Schmitzi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

@Shift838

If I add the "Component Kit" (to populate my own board),

do I also have to add the "Shift838 Clock Module" ?

Means, is a clock included in the Component Kit ? If so, which one ?

 

PS: And where do I find this SRAM-thing ? Or is this the "Shift838 Clock Module" ?
 

if you want to populate your own board you can add a separate component kit from the main store, not the one that's an option for the IDE card add on.

 

Link to separated component kit:  HERE

 

You don't need my clock module for the card unless you want the ability to easily change the battery of the clock as the BQ4847 you cannot change the battery.

 

Link to my clock module separate from the IDE card is HERE

 

If you are sending me cards from a previous run to assemble and you are sending components to me then all you need is the assembly fee HERE

 

If you are sending me blank PCBs and want me to assembled and provide the components for the blank PCBs then you will need a component kit and assembly fee for each.

 

hope that makes sense.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Shift838

 

So my last question (for today :grin: ) is:

 

I found this:

2x Assembly Fee a 75,00        150,00       https://shift838.fwscart.com/index.aspx?pageid=5569983&prodid=20532062
2x Component Kit a 115,00$   230,00       https://shift838.fwscart.com/index.aspx?pageid=5569983&prodid=20531831 
3x Clock Modul a 30,00            90,00       https://shift838.fwscart.com/index.aspx?pageid=5569983&prodid=20533297

 

But I still miss (only available as options with the IDE-preorder that I don´t use)

2x IDE2SD  a 22,00                 44,00        ?
2x Printed SD-Housing                   ?         ?
1x Spare BQ4847 a 15,00        15,00         ?
 

thanks

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

@Shift838

 

So my last question (for today :grin: ) is:

 

I found this:

2x Assembly Fee a 75,00        150,00       https://shift838.fwscart.com/index.aspx?pageid=5569983&prodid=20532062
2x Component Kit a 115,00$   230,00       https://shift838.fwscart.com/index.aspx?pageid=5569983&prodid=20531831 
3x Clock Modul a 30,00            90,00       https://shift838.fwscart.com/index.aspx?pageid=5569983&prodid=20533297

 

But I still miss (only available as options with the IDE-preorder that I don´t use)

2x IDE2SD  a 22,00                 44,00        ?
2x Printed SD-Housing                   ?         ?
1x Spare BQ4847 a 15,00        15,00         ?
 

thanks

 

 

 

 

I have added the BQ4847 clock chip into the store https://shift838.fwscart.com/index.aspx?pageid=5569983&prodid=20541188

 

I have added the IDE2SD into the store for separate purchases https://shift838.fwscart.com/index.aspx?pageid=5569983&prodid=20541192

 

I am still working on the 3d Case.  Before I offer it up for sale I need to print a couple to make sure my 3d print settings are correct.  I will email everyone when that happens.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are reserved your board on the Google sheet please go to my site and complete your order.  The prices quoted for the PCB's are for a quantity of 40 boards, i'm at about 1/2 of that so far.  

 

Thank you,

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine went in a while back.  I am getting very tired of compiling from floppy disk. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The IDE group buy will end early Friday morning (11/26/20) (Whenever I get up and 0 out the stock) and all parts orders will go in on 11/26/20.  If you want one you will need to go to my store and purchase yours before they are all gone.

 

https://shift838.fwscart.com

 

Remember I am offering assembly services as well as component kits and more for the IDE card.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shift838 said:

The IDE group buy will end early Friday morning (11/26/20) (Whenever I get up and 0 out the stock) and all parts orders will go in on 11/26/20.  If you want one you will need to go to my store and purchase yours before they are all gone.

 

https://shift838.fwscart.com

 

Remember I am offering assembly services as well as component kits and more for the IDE card.

 

November is a long time away...……….

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

just bumping this to remind everyone if anyone wants to get in on the IDE group by then the time is NOW.  Pre-Buy will close early morning of 06/26/2020 US Central time zone.

 

https://shift838.fwscart.com

 

 

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDE Group Buy is officially closed and no more orders can be accepted.

 

Boards and components have been ordered!

 

as soon as I get all the parts in I will post here when assembly starts.

 

Everyone that has purchased the item along with me assembling and testing will get completed in order number sequence.  If you want to know where you are on the list then please email me.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shift838 said:

IDE Group Buy is officially closed and no more orders can be accepted.

 

Boards and components have been ordered!

 

as soon as I get all the parts in I will post here when assembly starts.

 

Everyone that has purchased the item along with me assembling and testing will get completed in order number sequence.  If you want to know where you are on the list then please email me.

 

 

When do you think the next round will occur.

 

Sadly I bought two bare ide pcboards back in late march, they shipped early april, but never arrived, i guess with all these lockdowns the plane was grounded and parcel throw away in a corner never to be found again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gary from OPA said:

When do you think the next round will occur.

 

Sadly I bought two bare ide pcboards back in late march, they shipped early april, but never arrived, i guess with all these lockdowns the plane was grounded and parcel throw away in a corner never to be found again.

I don't think i'll be doing another run of these.  I have ordered a few extra boards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shift838 said:

IDE Group Buy is officially closed and no more orders can be accepted.

 

Boards and components have been ordered!

 

as soon as I get all the parts in I will post here when assembly starts.

 

Everyone that has purchased the item along with me assembling and testing will get completed in order number sequence.  If you want to know where you are on the list then please email me.

 

 

 

how many were preordered?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...