IGNORED

Ports you want to see be on the Jaguar

MyMelodyChan

Even though I don't own a Jag, but I have some of my fav games from other systems had been ported over to Jaguar, a few I want to see are:

Puyo Puyo

Kirby Super Star

The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare

Pac-Attack

Pac-in-Time

Bomberman' 94

Bonk's Adventure

Parasol Stars: The Story of Bubble Bobble III

Fantasy Zone

Shinobi

Sonic the Hedgehog

Monster Lair

How about yours...

Why do you want to see games ported to a system you don't even own, seems a bit random?

For me I'd also prefer to see original content. Theres some real quality homebrew games being made for the jag which are far superior to some of the 30 year commercial games being ported.

Take Custodian as an example I bought it and it's a total shocker. Just my opinion but I totally wasted my money I should have copied it on to a 10p floppy and tried it out first. My bad.

I bought Defender of the Crown and Speedball 2, both of which are great games but after playing them and comparing  them to the Amiga and CDTV versions I've got they are definitely (imho) inferior. In these cases though as my jag is by my TV and the computers are upstairs speedball will at least get some play when me and my mates have had a few brews.

1 hour ago, Swansea_Mariner said:

Theres some real quality homebrew games being made for the jag which are far superior to some of the 30 year commercial games being ported.

Take Custodian as an example I bought it and it's a total shocker. Just my opinion but I totally wasted my money I should have copied it on to a 10p floppy and tried it out first. My bad.

Custodian is only a few years old, just FYI.  It's not among the orignal commercial releases. 

I'm curious though - which homebrews do you rate above which commercial releases? 

56 minutes ago, PFG 9000 said:

Custodian is only a few years old, just FYI.  It's not among the orignal commercial releases. 

I'm curious though - which homebrews do you rate above which commercial releases? 

I hate to see Custodian bashed, my daughter loves that game and asks to play it every time I happen to be playing the Jaguar.

As for homebrews... I'd have to say Impulse-X... much better game than Breakout. But many awesome homebrews, like Rebooteroids, and Freefall+ is also an excellent game. Many of the games from Carl Forhan are really good. That most recent release (mind is failing me here), Switchblade? ... by Piko? That's a great game too.

1 hour ago, PFG 9000 said:

Custodian is a commercial Atari ST game from 1989/1990 ported to the Jaguar. He probably means original games like e.g. The Last Strike by Reboot. 

2 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

I'm referring  to Custodian being a commercially developed game which has been ported, I know the ports only a couple of years old but the game itself was developed in 1989 by a commercial software house.

As for Homebrew Rebooteroids is better than about 80% of the jag library, Downfall + is close to this proportion too.

Edited by Swansea_Mariner

1 hour ago, agradeneu said:

Custodian is a commercial Atari ST game from 1989/1990 ported to the Jaguar. He probably means original games like e.g. The Last Strike by Reboot. 

Lol I should have read that before I posted.

Lucky Strike looks fabulous btw, really looking forward to getting this. Also not Outrun is another homebrew I'm excited about

Edited by Swansea_Mariner

8 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Giana sisters

THIS. We all deserve to get a Giana Sisters port. Although if memory serves me correctly it lacked the scrolling of the Amiga version...which kind of sucked. Still, to have any rendition of this on a cartridge for a console would be the bomb.

21 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

I hate to see Custodian bashed, my daughter loves that game and asks to play it every time I happen to be playing the Jaguar.

I've actually played that up to around level 20.  If you don't read the manual and just fly around and die you won't enjoy it much :)

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 7:48 AM, CyranoJ said:

I've actually played that up to around level 20.  If you don't read the manual and just fly around and die you won't enjoy it much :)

My daughter has gotten pretty far in the game, but I'm not sure to what level... I'll ask and see if she remembers.

On 6/14/2020 at 5:21 AM, eightbit said:

THIS. We all deserve to get a Giana Sisters port. Although if memory serves me correctly it lacked the scrolling of the Amiga version...which kind of sucked. Still, to have any rendition of this on a cartridge for a console would be the bomb.

Actually there's a version now that's updated a little for STE features. So it does scroll and has different sound if i'm not mistaking. As it still uses ST graphics it's not on par with the Amiga version or C64 actually that have some assets that are animated and on ST are stills (like the water). ( I just noticed the Amga version doesn't have animated water either, so we must beg for the C64 port then ? )