IGNORED

Ports you want to see be on the Jaguar

MyMelodyChan

11 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Wikipedia lists 24 ports for the ST...so quite a lot. In addition to the Phantasie series, I'd love to also see President Elect '88 given a Jag port.

Do you have that link? I'm feeling really lazy.

I'm interested to know how many of those were AD&D games.

1 hour ago, 82-T/A said:

Do you have that link? I'm feeling really lazy.

I'm interested to know how many of those were AD&D games.

Atarimania's list is probably more comprehensive, although I note that Pool of Radiance is not listed as a released title for the ST on either site. Perhaps a beta has been found? In any case, a number of related games (and not direct sequels), such as Hillsfar and Curse of the Azure Bonds, were released for the ST.

3 hours ago, Neogeoman said:

Would love to see an ST port of Buster Bros for the Jag.

This reminded me of my favorite NES(famicom) title.....   RODLAND!

Such a fun two player game! Is the ST version 2 players?? It looks like it from the side score screen....

Edited by Machine

12 hours ago, Neogeoman said:

Would love to see an ST port of Buster Bros for the Jag.

That's a game that would be very well suited to the Jaguar.

They could possibly do a CD version, using the arranged music from Buster Bros. Collection on the PlayStation. I just checked my own disc, and it uses standard Red Book audio tracks.

On 6/20/2020 at 1:18 AM, davidcalgary29 said:

Wikipedia lists 24 ports for the ST...so quite a lot. In addition to the Phantasie series, I'd love to also see President Elect '88 given a Jag port.

Played the hell out of Phantasie on my 8-bit Atari.  Never finished the game.  I am considering going back and finishing it, but it would feel dirty to not start over from the beginning.  Then I think, who am I kidding.  I have time to turn on my PS4 once a month to just let 5 updates go on the system, then power it down again.  I need a game I can pick up, play for 5 minutes, then put it down these days.  Maybe I'll have some free time in 15 years.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2020 at 6:04 PM, Stephen said:

Played the hell out of Phantasie on my 8-bit Atari.  Never finished the game.  I am considering going back and finishing it, but it would feel dirty to not start over from the beginning.  Then I think, who am I kidding.  I have time to turn on my PS4 once a month to just let 5 updates go on the system, then power it down again.  I need a game I can pick up, play for 5 minutes, then put it down these days.  Maybe I'll have some free time in 15 years.

Just admit it to yourself already: do you really want to waste thirty hours on The Last of Us, Part II, or go on a low-res quest to kill some kobolds and minotaurs with a team of intrepid adventurers? See? No contest. Sometimes I still mutter to myself at random moments "do I want the halberd or the bardiche?"

I loaded up Phantasie a few years ago and saw that it still had the game save data from my last epic quests in the late '80s. Good times, good times. Which I will continue, as I just got Phantasie II and III (for the ST).

• Like 2

On 6/13/2020 at 5:13 AM, MyMelodyChan said:

Even though I don't own a Jag, but I have some of my fav games from other systems had been ported over to Jaguar, a few I want to see are:

Puyo Puyo

Kirby Super Star

The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare

Pac-Attack

Pac-in-Time

Bomberman' 94

Bonk's Adventure

Parasol Stars: The Story of Bubble Bobble III

Fantasy Zone

Shinobi

Sonic the Hedgehog

Monster Lair

How about yours...

I'd like to see a sequel to Tempest 2000. It's probably the best on the platform.  Seeing it updated would be really cool and a great match for the Jaguar. 

I'd also like to see original (not ST conversions) ports of arcade games of the 80s. Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, Liquid Kids, Rastan Saga, Snow Bros, Power Drift and many other 80s and early90s arcade machines.  Or perhaps all new arcade style games.

It would be nice to see some new life breathed into the old clamshell with particularly with titles that can really push it.

On 7/1/2020 at 8:40 PM, davidcalgary29 said:

Just admit it to yourself already: do you really want to waste thirty hours on The Last of Us, Part II

Though I don't play modern games, I have heard from many reliable sources that this game is total shit and that it was completely destroyed by very evil people.

On 6/28/2020 at 10:09 AM, Neogeoman said:

Buster Bros

Super Methane Bros

Edited by christo930
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 9:18 PM, Machine said:

Snow Bros. and Rodland. Two great games!

Speaking of Snow Bros., a Japanese company who acquired the IP rights of multiple Toaplan titles (including Snow Bros.) fairly recently has them available for licensing to be ported on other platforms.
http://tatsujin.tokyo/custom.html