IGNORED

Live Hands-on review of the Jaguar Game Drive

Mr.T

It’s not the cleanest vid as it was all done live and we had a network interruption halfway through, but here is a lengthy video recorded Thursday evening talking about my experiences with the new device, discussing the nuances and showing a fair few games running: 

• Like 6

That would make sense as far as ambidextrous connection whilst the cart is in the socket (ie. so makes connection easy from either side to a PC), but think about it - with the full cart height and a typical usb connection, that would put a lot of strain on the socket/cable pulling to a PC sat one side or the other to the Jaguar. Mounted on the side allows the cable to run with less strain on the socket. Also means dust won’t accumulate in an open socket as it would on top. I’d question the wisdom of programming it whilst in the cart slot anyway and if it’s out, where the socket is makes no difference. 

Im not familiar with the use of the USB on this anyway - is it for debugging whilst the cart is plugged in and live?

Edited by Mr.T

The majority of people aren't going to be using the USB, so it makes sense hiding it out the way. Also, you aren't going to please everyone with its orientation. It's only ~5 inches different left or right so it shouldn't affect anyone.

It's an awesome piece of kit and for development it allows you to iterate so much faster. The usb could be on the front for all I care! ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, swapd0 said:

The only thing that I don't like is that the USB port is on the right side of the cart, IMHO it's better if is placed on the upper side.

If the only thing people are having an issue with on the cart is the location of the programming / debug port which 99% of people will never use, I'd say I've done alright.... ?

Edited by SainT
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

@Mr.T Lawrence = CyranoJ

and he's fuxxing good at what he does ;-) don't you agree?

Yeah I know. I've only heard him criticised once and it came straight from the fountain of bullshit. People's work in the hobby speak volumes; far more than shills or a lone hater ever could.

Loving the JagGD Saint, its a quality product. I'm sure some of my feature requests have already been suggested but I'll add them anyway to that thread. If anyone wants my .mrq files then let me know.

• Like 1