IGNORED

Giana Sisters ST

Price is very high, as chances that it will not work (very old floppy). So, only as collection item.

And if want to pair with C64 version should do it with Atari ST version what scrolls ?

Btw. the reason why it is so rare is visible on pic. "The brothers are history" - that made Nintendo to sue them, so it was pulled from sales. Maybe being modest would result in much better sales ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Price is very high, as chances that it will not work (very old floppy). So, only as collection item.

I have plenty of old disk games that work just fine but it's nuts to pay £200 for a 3.5" floppy game as these disks can crap out anytime (£30 tops for any game but most games will be a lot cheaper than that).  Plus, you're better off playing the homebrew STe version which IMO is the best version available to date (on all platforms).  The original ST version leaves much to be desired due to the scrolling issues referred to above.

Also, check out Super STario Land for an excellent Mario clone that's a lot closer to the original Mario gameplay than Giana Sisters (there is also a sequel called Super STario Christmas).

If you don't already have them, you would be much better off spending that £200 on a 4MB STe and an UltraSatan hard disk which will be your passport to the games I've mentioned and a lot more besides.

Edited by English Invader
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, djrodderz said:

Been offered Great Giana on ST for £200

is this reasonable ?

Most people probably would consider it too high. But at the end of the day it is a very personal decision how much you want to spend on something like that.

Just note that this game is not that rare, at least the ST release. It is famous as being rare for the well known issue mentioned above. But there are titles well much rarer than this one.

It's a rare game due to the recall, but I would say more somewhere in the £80 to £120 is the price I've seen it go for in the past. Without a box I think one went reasonably cheap on the ST version on Ebay UK (I say reasonable, but even then it was still over the original price). I did pick up a boxed version a few years back for around that price (most expensive game I've ever brought for the ST), but I collect boxed originals for the ST so it was worth it for me. It's not a great game, however, so unless you are into collecting I would spend it on some better games or download the STe version.

On 6/14/2020 at 12:14 AM, ParanoidLittleMan said:

And if want to pair with C64 version should do it with Atari ST version what scrolls ?

Btw. the reason why it is so rare is visible on pic. "The brothers are history" - that made Nintendo to sue them, so it was pulled from sales. Maybe being modest would result in much better sales ?

The scrolling STE version is great! I love your updated version! 

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 8:54 AM, ParanoidLittleMan said:

There are diverse improved versions of Giana:  fine scroll on STs with blitter, Falcon, TT : http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/greatgs.html

With audio track playback during play: http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/ggstea.html

Floppy versions, STE scroll v. : http://atari.8bitchip.info/ASTGA/G/ggs.php

This updated version much much better technically and much more fun to play.