IGNORED

Incognito install service?

Jason1024

Hi Everyone,

I need help with this. Does anyone offer an Incognito install/install not working repair service? Not sure what's wrong and insufficient time to learn the skills to figure it out myself. Known good Atari 800 from B&C, fresh from static wrap Incognito board, no signs of life other than power LEDs.

Thanks,

-Jason

If you need to see the quality of Jon's work then use his sig to see his Youtube work. I have to say from what I've seen and the people who I know he's done work for its all excellent stuff.

Obviously postage may be an issue but his work is top notch.

• Like 2

There are a number of folks who can do it but I have to say, shipping an 800 is a recipe for heartbreak lately, unless you have original foam packing and a really big box. I’ve read too many nightmare stories in the last year or two to ever want to trust shipping an 800 if it’s all possible.

Having said that, if your “Location” is accurate, there are undoubtedly a good number of Atari folks in the New England area within driving distance. I’m sure someone is capable of helping get you sorted out.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

There are a number of folks who can do it but I have to say, shipping an 800 is a recipe for heartbreak lately, unless you have original foam packing and a really big box. I’ve read too many nightmare stories in the last year or two to ever want to trust shipping an 800 if it’s all possible.

Having said that, if your “Location” is accurate, there are undoubtedly a good number of Atari folks in the New England area within driving distance. I’m sure someone is capable of helping get you sorted out.

Bingo!

3 hours ago, flashjazzcat said:

Consider Jeffrey Worley among others if you need some diagnostic work done in the USA. I enjoy giving machines the FJC treatment but one has to really want this to go through all the hoops of overseas shipping, etc.

Have PM'ed--thank you for the referral!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

Hmm, point taken. I had a number of 800s shipped ~5 years ago without any issues. However, the abuse level for larger boxes has definitely gone up in the last ~18 months or so. Maybe it's a coincidence, but that was around the same time USPS started shipping for Amazon.

Yes, location is outside Boston. I'd be up for driving a few hours to avoid shipping. Thanks!

I'm going to put one in for Kevin Savetz this week. I'll let you know how it goes. Should be a snap. FYI - I have recieved a smashed 800 and a pulverized 810 due to bad packing. :) That being said,  I have shipped many 800's in banana boxes all over the world. Hit up your produce guy.

Eightbitfix.com

Edited by Paul Westphal