IGNORED

Altirra 3.90 released

phaeron

18 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

might be time to start an Altirra 4.0 r xx thread..

That's the purpose of the thread: discussion of the test version released at the same time as the final version with the prior version number. Something of an Altirra tradition at this point.

• Like 2

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-4.00-test2.zip

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-4.00-test2-src.zip

• Fixed breakpoint weirdness with new memory window -- there was a block memory read accidentally using non-debug reads.
  • Fixed regression with linear volume ramp.
  • Fixed full-screen menus updating checkmarks too late.
  • Added an option to lock the mouse pointer to the current display in full screen mode. Didn't notice the lack of this before, but these days I dock my TV above the primary monitor so it doesn't get shifted by display mode changes, which made the lack of this super obvious.

This version also has XEP80 timings retuned based on scope measurements on the joystick port. I figured out that the SpartaDOS X XEP80.SYS driver has very marginal receive timing in that it doesn't properly sample one half bit in from the leading edge of the start bit, but instead always samples within horizontal blank and sometimes very close to the bit edge. This is presumably to allow for operation with the ANTIC display on, but it also makes the driver very sensitive to clock speed variations. 4.00-test2 increases transmit timing precision to sub-cycle, which fixes some receive errors occasionally seen with the 0.1h driver in SDX 4.4x, and as a bonus, now reproduces the reported issue with the 0.1b driver in SDX 4.20 not working in PAL. It also better reproduces some but not all command and report byte delays.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@phaeron I simply love the possibility to customize memory view window. I wanted to ask for this feature and before I did so it is already implemented.

...however it has bug ?

When I type an address to the editbobox and define the bytes/per row value, then it is displayed correctly. However once I scroll the memory window the address is somehow changed..so it breaks the alignment:

1st setup:

image.png.8a8cd0804a6f0a5407d4d0e5c5195aa1.png

then I click scroll once up and down, expecting the same result as above, but:

image.png.fead202bdc859b35c0423e938c35c648.png

BR,

M.

I have a query about 3.90...

If I exit the emulator (usually launched from a CLI with portable or portablealt arguments) using the File/Exit dropdown it hangs my PC for a variable amount of time, I see my desktop, but nothing can be controlled. Basically Windows become complexity unresponsive and Altirra is sat in the menu bar as if still running, despite being exited. Task manager cannot be invoked to close the app either...

I have to sleep my PC using the hardware button and then waking it from sleep 100% restores the system to my control and Altirra is closed...

I am willing to believe it is a quirk of my machine, but wanted some corroboration ?

I have a pretty standard intel and Nvidia based system (i9700K OC at 5Ghz and a 2070 GPU) running windows 10.

Is there a log file somewhere I can open to see what is happening?

sTeVE

12 hours ago, Jetboot Jack said:

I have a query about 3.90...

If I exit the emulator (usually launched from a CLI with portable or portablealt arguments) using the File/Exit dropdown it hangs my PC for a variable amount of time, I see my desktop, but nothing can be controlled. Basically Windows become complexity unresponsive and Altirra is sat in the menu bar as if still running, despite being exited. Task manager cannot be invoked to close the app either...

I have to sleep my PC using the hardware button and then waking it from sleep 100% restores the system to my control and Altirra is closed...

I am willing to believe it is a quirk of my machine, but wanted some corroboration ?

I have a pretty standard intel and Nvidia based system (i9700K OC at 5Ghz and a 2070 GPU) running windows 10.

Is there a log file somewhere I can open to see what is happening?

Run Altirra with /startuplog, it will output timestamped startup/shutdown events to a console window. Typically an unkillable program means that a driver is holding one of the process's threads hostage. Make sure you are trying to stop the program from Task Manager's Details tab, as that is more forceful than trying to stop from Processes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phaeron said:

Run Altirra with /startuplog, it will output timestamped startup/shutdown events to a console window. Typically an unkillable program means that a driver is holding one of the process's threads hostage. Make sure you are trying to stop the program from Task Manager's Details tab, as that is more forceful than trying to stop from Processes.

Ok - I did as you said, and discovered that there are no errors in the console window, as far as I can see, it seems to close instantly on exit so I have only seen the startup log, and that looked fine.

BUT the lock up is limited to one configuration of the Atari Hardware, specifically if I run a full screen NTSC 48K 800 with the patched (or unpatched) OSB rom and artifacting enabled. When you exit, either by the File/Exit or ALT-F4 the screen turns grey (or if you invoke the Config menu) and the PC is unresponsive until you sleep and wake it.

If I use PAL OS or no artifacting the system is fine!

sTeVE

11 hours ago, tjcbs said:

Hey Avery, any chance you can implement hotkeys for quick save and quick load? 

I searched for this, and I have you on record, "looking into" this feature...

In 2009 :P

There is already. Did you try going to Tools/Keyboard Shortcuts and set it up to key you want. Look under Global File.QuickLoadState and File.QuickSaveState and assign a keyboard shortcut for those.

Edited by Krakerman

37 minutes ago, Krakerman said:

There is already. Did you try going to Tools/Keyboard Shortcuts and set it up to key you want. Look under Global File.QuickLoadState and File.QuickSaveState and assign a keyboard shortcut for those.

How did I miss that??? Thanks!

16 hours ago, tjcbs said:

BTW, thanks a ton for helping me to get my personal "crt" pixel shader working in Altirra. 

It might not be to anyone's taste but mine, but I've been having a blast.

runner.jpg

monty.jpg

blue max.jpg

Very cool!  I miss my old "fishbowl" TVs.  The 2 PVMs I have are Trinitron tubes, so at least vertically flat.