IGNORED

Altirra 3.90 released

phaeron

https://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-4.00-test40.zip
https://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-4.00-test40-src.7z

• Custom device: Fixed script compiler not checking async permissions on method calls; added logging when loop count is exceeded; improved behavior on forced call stack depth exceeded; fixed occasional crash when removing a custom device.

• Debugger: Disassembly window no longer repeatedly recenters itself near address 0.

• Debugger: Fixed erroneous emulation mode reporting in the .side3 command.

• Virtual FAT32: Added disk serial number so Windows recognizes the disk in read-only mode; improved layout similarity to Windows format; fixed 8.3 lowercase filenames not being preserved.

• VHD: Fixed bitmap corruption when writing multiple new sectors to a dynamic VHD image in a single IDE command.

• UI: Fixed full-screen mode file browser retaining scroll when switching folders, possibly scrolled off the bottom of the list.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, oo7 said:

Nice would be to allow hot key map to switch ntsc vs pal.

unless its already there and i missed it.

In there, video.togglestandardntscpal in tools / keyboard shortcuts..

I set it to ctrl+ALt+t  (didn't check if its used already so be careful) Works fine..

There's pretty much shortcuts to almost anything you can think of, most of them just are not set so to allow the user to set their fave keys.

I just wish there was a built in check to see if the keys you want to use are already taken, which you can over rule if you like. Edit: there is, it dings if it's already in use....Thank you Avery..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

In there, video.togglestandardntscpal in tools / keyboard shortcuts..

I set it to ctrl+ALt+t  (didn't check if its used already so be careful) Works fine..

There's pretty much shortcuts to almost anything you can think of, most of them just are not set so to allow the user to set their fave keys.

I just wish there was a built in check to see if the keys you want to use are already taken, which you can over rule if you like. Edit: there is, it dings if it's already in use....Thank you Avery..

Thank you.

Yes as I thought this and typed it a little voice in the back of my head said a software that is this polished probably already has this.

Im not just saying this, this emulator is so well done not just on the emulation side but even the UI!!

3 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

I hear that the UI coding is the one thing most emulator writers hate the most, but, Avery seems to cover all the bases.

Have fun..

Yes. The ui is always an after though and seems to be disliked. But with Altirra this thing runs so light weight so efficient. The ui is great!

This is what a commercial grade emulator would wish it was. 

I feel that we are BEYOND lucky that we have him doing this. He made an impossible dream come true for us 8 biters.

I always loved the Atari Home Computers line. Their only ever draw back was not being popular enough in some cases, so i feel we are blessed for his existence and what he has done here.

I am so grateful 

• Like 1

I would like to take a moment to say a big Thank You! for the emulator and all the work behind it.

The debugger has been a really awesome tool that helped me not only learn the rudimentary elements of programming in machine language, but also aid me a ton to work on a lot of my projects and improve my code as well :) 
I would never have managed to get this far without Altirra, that's for sure!

• Like 3

I might have found a bug in the -test40. The emulator crashes when tape control is opened.

Steps to re-create:

1. Open emulator

2. Load a tape (WAVE file)

3. Open tape control (instead of sampled signal, the window is blank)

4. Crash

The emulator crashes consistently. If you cannot recreate, I can send MDUMP (if it heps).

• Like 1

https://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-4.00-test41.zip
https://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-4.00-test41-src.7z

• Fixed crash when opening Tape Control after loading a mono WAV file.
  • Tape Control shows mono tapes as such again.
  • Added support for XEP80 printer port.
  • All devices that support printer ports now have an explicit device port for attaching parallel port devices.
  • Added parallel port file writer device to spool parallel print data to a file.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, MrFish said:

NP

So i just set my setup on my 55” lg tv to 4 k exclusive full screen, my palette to xl contemporary but artifacting to 191 degrees and my brightness to plus 10.

very happy with this filter like this. Maybe a little less curving and a little less noise would be nice but beggars cant be choosers lol

overall it does what i would want

thanks again

37 minutes ago, phaeron said:

https://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-4.00-test41.zip
https://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-4.00-test41-src.7z

• Fixed crash when opening Tape Control after loading a mono WAV file.
  • Tape Control shows mono tapes as such again.
  • Added support for XEP80 printer port.
  • All devices that support printer ports now have an explicit device port for attaching parallel port devices.
  • Added parallel port file writer device to spool parallel print data to a file.

Thanks for another update! I thought you might be adding printer options after another thread on this board!

32 minutes ago, oo7 said:

So i just set my setup on my 55” lg tv to 4 k exclusive full screen, my palette to xl contemporary but artifacting to 191 degrees and my brightness to plus 10.

very happy with this filter like this. Maybe a little less curving and a little less noise would be nice but beggars cant be choosers lol

overall it does what i would want

thanks again

Most I've seen like this are a little too authentic. That's why I say there may be better available by now. This one's at least 4 or 5 years old.

• Thanks 1

I'm trying to use the ##TRACE command in the debugger but can't figure out how to get the accumulator printed

##TRACE "x=%d y=%d" x y

goes and dumps the x and y registers

What is the command to dump the accumulator value?

Is there a manual that describes this kind of information?

Edited by RetroCoder
Added question

1 hour ago, RetroCoder said:

I'm trying to use the ##TRACE command in the debugger but can't figure out how to get the accumulator printed

##TRACE "x=%d y=%d" x y

goes and dumps the x and y registers

What is the command to dump the accumulator value?

Is there a manual that describes this kind of information?

Here's what I have but note, depending on what version you are using there may / will be extra commands or changes in the commands as Avery updates them from time to time. PS, don't forget that .help in the debug console will show a list of commands while .help <cmdname> will give detailed help (if available) for the command..

Altirra - Debugger Commands.rtf Altirra - Debugger Reference.rtf Altirra Debug Commands.pdf

Edited by Mclaneinc