opcode

Opcode Games newsletter Q3 2020

Ok, a much better video capture of Moon Cresta ColecoVision.

• Like 3

Thanks much for all you've done so far! I think releasing the controller is a great idea since this has so many uses for the CV fanbase. 

Regarding your new carts - is there any reason to think these also won't work on the Phoenix?

Thanks much for all you've done so far! I think releasing the controller is a great idea since this has so many uses for the CV fanbase. 

Regarding your new carts - is there any reason to think these also won't work on the Phoenix?

Thank you Albert!

All games should work with the Phoenix. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad more games are being released.  Moon Cresta looks great, btw. Also, can't wait for the controllers. So, what's going to happen to Dracula's Castle? Being a huge early Konomi fan I've got to ask. Keep up the good work and Thanks!

32 minutes ago, PaulosD said:

Glad more games are being released.  Moon Cresta looks great, btw. Also, can't wait for the controllers. So, what's going to happen to Dracula's Castle? Being a huge early Konomi fan I've got to ask. Keep up the good work and Thanks!

Well, Dracula's Castle is shelved for now. It could come back if and when I revive the OMNI thing, or it could morph into something else, like a regular SGM1 release. But to be honest that isn't something that I am planning to do in the near term, as I indicated I am aiming for throughput, and porting Dracula's Castle for the CV isn't exactly trivial.

51 minutes ago, opcode said:

Well, Dracula's Castle is shelved for now. It could come back if and when I revive the OMNI thing, or it could morph into something else, like a regular SGM1 release. But to be honest that isn't something that I am planning to do in the near term, as I indicated I am aiming for throughput, and porting Dracula's Castle for the CV isn't exactly trivial.

Your comment got me thinking... The Expansion Module #1 (i.e. the Atari 2600 expansion module) somehow manages to bypass the Coleco VDP entirely and output directly to the TV screen via the ColecoVision's TV out cable. Could another, more advanced expansion module use that same "bypass method" to output colorful graphics like those in your Dracula's Castle game? Or is it something on the ColecoVision's motherboard that's custom-tailored for the Expansion Module #1 only?

7 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

Your comment got me thinking... The Expansion Module #1 (i.e. the Atari 2600 expansion module) somehow manages to bypass the Coleco VDP entirely and output directly to the TV screen via the ColecoVision's TV out cable. Could another, more advanced expansion module use that same "bypass method" to output colorful graphics like those in your Dracula's Castle game? Or is it something on the ColecoVision's motherboard that's custom-tailored for the Expansion Module #1 only?

You can output whatever you like, but it will be composite only. SGM2 is doing that... or was...

Right... And I suppose you cannot "disconnect" the Coleco's VDP when running a regular Coleco cart via the cartridge port, in order to redirect the graphic output to an expansion module that can output something better.

Forget I said anything.  :) 

6 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

Right... And I suppose you cannot "disconnect" the Coleco's VDP when running a regular Coleco cart via the cartridge port, in order to redirect the graphic output to an expansion module that can output something better.

Forget I said anything.  :) 

We can move this to PM. I don't discuss tech stuff in open forum anymore. 

Pre-order for the SGM 5th run has officially started. If you subscribed to the waiting list, you should have received an email from us with instructions. If you don't see it, please check your spam box. We will post a direct link for pre-ordering here soon.

• Like 1

The controller has piqued my interest, as I bought the 5200 Maker Matrix pad and love it. 

• Like 1

I would like to know if the limited (40 pcs) Color Line games also become available then. I sure have a wishlist!

Unfortunately those were limited editions, so I don’t think it would be right for us to make any more. Sorry :(

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, opcode said:

Unfortunately those were limited editions, so I don’t think it would be right for us to make any more. Sorry :(

Okay, too bad😥...somehow I never received an email back then (maybe there wasn't) so I missed out on those. I know I have to be more attentive for new releases. I am working on it 👍.

One thing is for sure. The future looks bright for us Colecovision fans 😃!