IGNORED

New 2DSxl,Retroarch and portable 3DO?

Hi all,

One of wants in life would be to have a portable 3DO. None of the people on youtube ever test the 3DO when checking out systems. Yesterday I saw a video on the state of 2DSxl homebrew/emulation. They call it a beast. It runs a lot of stuff, including N64. When seeing the list of Retroarch cores in the video, at the bottom of the list was 3DO.. I kept watching the video hoping that I'd see something. Needless to say. Nada. Zip. Zilch.  Bummer.

My question is simple - Has anyone tried running Retroarch and a 3DO core on the 2DSXL? Alternatively, are there any good handhelds out there that can run 3DO smoothly?

The Opera emulator is very CPU heavy due to being a low level emulator. I doubt the New {2,3}DS would be able to handle it. Generally you need around RP4 or ODroid XU4 levels of performance. Few handhelds have that level of performance. I have some plans that should help performance but compatibility and features have been a priority (and I've been busy with other projects).