IGNORED

My Sega Genesis Virtua Racing eBay Listing...

StephenJ

Wow I didn't know virtua racing was so expensive. I bought a cib copy(although no warranty cards) along with a cib mk(also no warranty card) for $20 at a local store thinking it was too expensive, not too long ago.

Edited by bluejay
typo
  • Like 1

A good friend of mine on these boards purchased a copy of Genesis VR CIB about 6 months ago and the local shop's price on it was in fact $40 as I recall. Having said that, I do believe this game in the early 2000s was only about $10 or $15 CIB back then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I didn't know it was that expensive in the US. I bought a CIB copy for 980 yen last summer in Akiba, which is a ripoff tourist trap. That one didn't work (I think something was wrong with the SVP chip), so I returned it and bought a copy at a different store in Akiba for 1000 yen.

The game originally retailed for about $100 when it was new so even $40 for a CIB nice condition one seems fair to me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

The game originally retailed for about $100 when it was new so even $40 for a CIB nice condition one seems fair to me.

Yeah, it was really expensive at launch. I am very surprised at the difference between its US price and its Japanese price, though, as most Japanese MD games are way more expensive than the NA and PAL versions of the same games. There are exceptions, of course.

• Like 1