IGNORED

Pyuuta Mk-II Book

Ksarul

I recently picked up a book for the Pyuuta Mk-II. For those interested in Tomy Tutor machines, it actually appears to include rewritten versions of the G-BASIC programs on the various early Tomy Pyuuta cassette tapes to make them compatible with the Mk II. This would also make them compatible with the Tomy Tutor, the somewhat neglected cousin of our TI-99/4A. I included a scan of the cover here. I'll try to scan the rest of the book in the near future.

Pyuuta-2.pdf

• Like 10

I had fun scanning the book in random chunks today. Here are the PDF files, just assemble them by number, followed by the affiliated letter (in order) to get the whole book. As I was working the scans today, it became obvious that the code and the pictures duplicate the programs on all 9 of the TM series Pyuuta tapes, as modified for the Mk II. The last four pages are a loose insert that contains the instructions for all nine G-BASIC programs. Everything is in Japanese, but these programs should work unmodified on a US Tutor as well as the Mk II.

Pyuuta-2.pdf Pyuuta-2a.pdf Pyuuta-2b.pdf Pyuuta-2c.pdf Pyuuta-2d.pdf Pyuuta-2e.pdf Pyuuta-2f.pdf Pyuuta-2g.pdf Pyuuta-2h.pdf Pyuuta-2i.pdf Pyuuta-2j.pdf Pyuuta-2k.pdf Pyuuta-3.pdf Pyuuta-4 (Game Instructions).pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for sharing these interesting scans Ksarul, it seems to be different from the MK2 version that i have for my Pyuuta MKII, i will have to check better and compare :)

Instead, i would ask to you... could be real the possibility to have a dump of the tapes please? at least a .WAV file? i never seen one for the Tomy and i am really curious to try a cassette tape at least.

On 6/17/2020 at 8:30 PM, mizapf said:

If I may remind you, MAME includes the driver for Tomy Tutor and Pyuuta, and the Tomy Tutor ROMs are on WHTech (System ROMS/MAME/). Maybe some of you would like to give it a try.

ohhh yess :) i tried it and work very nice! :) thanks

i would also love to see the exelvision EXL100 work into MAME but still it is not.

here is the manual all merged together. Pyuuta 2.pdf

here's a collection of other Tomy manuals I have collectedTomy Manuals.zip

here is TOSEC for Tomy/Pyuuta - it's cartridges for the manuals in the above files and a bit more.Tomy_Tutor_and_Pyuuta_TOSEC_2012_04_23.zip

and a very extensive site covering the Tomy Tutor https://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/tomy/

• Like 3