IGNORED

Shadowman or Omikron

moycon

Played and loved both, embarrassed to say though I have completed neither, OMIKRON seems pretty massive. I really could not choose though as as much as I think about it I just cannot choose and I would say I love both equally just for different reasons. Both stick in my mind as standouts, I love Shadowman definitely for presentation, gothic style and dark subject matter, Omikron for the atmosphere as well in the futuristic setting but also having David Bowie not only involved in the soundtrack but appearance as a character in the game. Though I have never completed either game I like just running around in the worlds / environment. Oddly my first experience with the Shadowman game was on N64 so upon getting the Dreamcast version it was fun to replay for the graphical improvement anyways. Also note this for Shadowman fans ?it is receiving a remastered version to look forward to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgFpPQovax0&feature=emb_title

As for OMIKRON sadly no remaster, one could consider the GOG version to easily play on PC

though. Check out the games iconic Bowie sung game intro

Omikron: The Nomad Soul intro

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
updated info

I've beat Shadowman more than once. Super impressive game to me. Omikron I've never beat, I played it for hours and hours and eventually got stuck. Even after getting stuck I wandered around for more hours trying to move on but never could. I think I recall finding out later that you have to DIE in the game to progress. That's why it's sub titled "Nomad soul" 

I've gone back and revisited these games on the Dreamcast and on Steam but the controls just didnt jive with me anymore. Got too spoiled by modern controllers I guess.

This is reason enough for me to dig my Dreamcast out of the closet. But I'm pretty sure Omikron wins! One game has Bowie in it, and well... the other doesn't. 

And I'm really surprised a "show me your Dreamcast setup" picture thread isn't up yet.  Jumps out of chair and runs towards closet............