IGNORED

If money was no object...

Omega-TI

15 minutes ago, Omega-TI said:

If money was not an issue, what fantasy item would you like to hook up to your TI?

A flux capacitor.

Seriously, it isn't what I want to hook to the TI, it is more what TI I want to hook things to. Lacking financial obstacles, I'd be figurin' out what to do with a 99/8 right now.

Well, it wouldn't really be something I'd hook up to my existing TI, since what I have always wanted is a fully functional TI 99/8 with all the hexbus peripherals.

I like "real" iron, never been one for emulations.  So having a physical /8 setup would be awesome.

• Like 3

I wish I still had the 99/8 I had many many years ago, but times were tough back then.

What I’d like to have, if money were no object (and they existed) is the beige sidecar speech synthesizer and hex bus adapter, along with the full complement of the Hex Bus peripherals to plug into my 99/4A.

• Like 2

Seriously, if I could have any device, whether it exists or not, hooked up to my TI-99/4A, I'd say it would be (and yeah, this is really specific) a 13" rack-mountable lower profile (in CRT terms) shadow mask monitor which supports 15KHz-31KHz RGBS/HV and Composite input with at least 800 TV Lines (which is to say horizontal colour resolution, rather than vertical scanline count).  That specific product has never existed, I don't think.  But it would be my ultimate TI-99/4A monitor. 

• Like 1

It'll seem strange but I'd pay someone to hack Microsurgeon so it had an attract mode, a 1-coin-per-play function, a high score list and a few other enhancements so I could build it into an arcade game, I always thought it would have been awesome with Robotron-like joysticks. There's a few other games I'd probably give the arcade treatment too as well, I love 80's style video games.

As far as hardware? Not sure, maybe get a 99/8 or pay someone to do a run of repros, although it sounds like the upcoming Geneve 2020 will blow that thing out of the water anyway.  

Edited by Tornadoboy
  • Like 1