IGNORED

Blocks (Completed!) - Formerly BBlocks

Just Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 4:45 PM, Just Jeff said:

Starting turn our attention to packaging design.  None of this is usable but it was fun.  Does anybody have any cool ideas?

CE3K_02Cart.thumb.jpg.ba2c6177858e449562560d816c27d6e6.jpg

BBlocksDS.thumb.png.94b7286e598e940168c1c2b518973264.png

Why, because of the copyrighted images? Will some one (big companies) really make a big stink even if a small limited run was released? I seem to see similar stuff on Etsy all the time

Bug found!  Downloaded the latest release and was playing the first level. I noticed while I was looking for a match and taking my time, the computer started to flash a block on the far right column, second one from the top. It was suggesting a move that had no match. I continued playing and it always flashes this square. If I'm able to get a match there it still always flashes this square.  

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 6:56 PM, Skwrl63 said:

Why, because of the copyrighted images? Will some one (big companies) really make a big stink even if a small limited run was released? I seem to see similar stuff on Etsy all the time

Yeah that's why..  though while doing it I did find lots of Dark Side art, and wondered what's OK.  

I do really like that one because it represents the game elements- black background, something happening that makes primary and secondary colors.  Then I corrected Pink Floyd's error by replacing the prism with a block.

When it was done, I pondered a game change where instead of falling in from the top, the blocks would be refilled by a white laser-like beam from above, making the imagery complete.

• Like 2

Good news!

Over the last couple weeks, Jeff and I have been able to playtest the game a bit.  We found a couple bugs, and have fixed them.  We also finalized the game colors for both NTSC and PAL modes.  (Big thank you to Thomas Jentzsch for helping with the PAL colors!)

The game control switches have been changed:

• LEFT DIFFICULTY controls game difficulty
    • A = 8-colors (hard)
    • B = 7-colors (medium)
  • RIGHT DIFFICULTY controls helpful hits
    • A = no hints
    • B = show hints
  • COLOR/BW controls game board colors
    • For NTSC/PAL displays, put the switch to COLOR
    • For SECAM displays, use BW

We are proud to say the game is now 100% complete!  (Maybe 110% would be more accurate :D)

bblocks.bin

Edited by JeremiahK
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3