IGNORED

Game Trainers and Cheats

SainT

Nothing else has been added, so that’s the full list.

RAM cheats are not possible. Think of the Lynx cartridge as a memory card. There is no access to the running system / bus from the cartridge (unlike most other consoles), it is purely a storage device which is accessed sequentially.

All cheats were found using a custom version of Handy which allowed me to find them more easily. When a cheat is identified you then have to search the ROM to see if you can find and patch the corresponding code. It’s not always possible, as some games are compressed. All the cheats currently found are the easy ones where games are not compressed or otherwise obfuscated.

6 minutes ago, SainT said:

Nothing else has been added, so that’s the full list.

RAM cheats are not possible. Think of the Lynx cartridge as a memory card. There is no access to the running system / bus from the cartridge (unlike most other consoles), it is purely a storage device which is accessed sequentially.

All cheats were found using a custom version of Handy which allowed me to find them more easily. When a cheat is identified you then have to search the ROM to see if you can find and patch the corresponding code. It’s not always possible, as some games are compressed. All the cheats currently found are the easy ones where games are not compressed or otherwise obfuscated.

Interesting thanks for sharing.

I assume Tototek included another layer of operations on there carts for ram values to be supported. Something similar must also be used on the turbo everdrive pro, can use ram cheats on cart and CD images. I love cheat features as I have less time for games.

I just like the experience of the gameplay and music. Not looking to be stressed.

Edited by acem77

Yes, it depends on the console. I have added RAM cheats and save states to the 7800GD for example. Unfortunately the Lynx is just a console where this is not possible, unfortunately! However if you fancy a challenge, try finding some ROM hacks for any other Lynx games! I don’t think there are any ‘easy’ ones left… :)

Just now, SainT said:

Yes, it depends on the console. I have added RAM cheats and save states to the 7800GD for example. Unfortunately the Lynx is just a console where this is not possible, unfortunately! However if you fancy a challenge, try finding some ROM hacks for any other Lynx games! I don’t think there are any ‘easy’ ones left… :)

Lol I'll take your word for it. As hardware is concerned I think save states on the analogue pocket are my best option. If really needed emulation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, acem77 said:

Is this still the full list or have there been updates? Thanks

I know at least 3 ROM hacks that aren't in that list, that i intend to test as soon as possible:

Battlezone 2000 - start directly in secret mode

Chip's Challenge - level skipping disabled

Switchblade II - possibility to continue after death, but start the game with just 1 life

Edited by xhul
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, the Chip's Challenge hack i mentioned earlier doesn't work, it doesn't disable level skipping as it's supposed to =[
That's a shame, i really loved the idea, cause skipping a level by accident is something i hate.
The other hacks work flawlessly.
Note: they all 3 require the checksum-cancelling header, i didn't include it.
There you go:

Game: Battlezone 2000 - official
Format: lnx
Hack: secret mode
Description: when starting a new game, automatically enables the secret mode, without the need to enter the button sequence.
Credits: Diogo Ribeiro
OFFSET:OLD>NEW (hexadecimal):
5C80:03>00

The following 2 were originally combined by its author, but i carefully separated them.
Switchblade II is my top 1 guilty pleasure on the Lynx, but let's face it, it's way too easy to have both 1 life and continue at the same time.

Game: Switchblade II - official
Hack: 1 life
Description: starts the game with 1 life instead of 3.
Credits: Psyklax
1626:03>01

Game: Switchblade II - official
Hack: continue
Description: when starting a new game, automatically continues at the level and section where the character died.
Credits: Psyklax
175F:24>EF
17CA:24>EF
67F8:24>EF
89ED:24>EF
89F8:24>EF
964D:24>EF
C09F:24>EF
C310:24>EF
101AC:24>EF
105AD:24>EF