IGNORED

Season 10~ Week 7 ~ Cosmic Commuter

Vocelli

2 hours ago, cwieland said:

ROLLED after MANY hours of play.  I think it repeats the same 8 levels.  Too bad they didn't decrease the amount of time you have to pick up the passengers each time until it becomes impossible or something like that

IMG_20200621_204840196.thumb.jpg.51c4e5c8cc4ded1a9fc84a9e542f5c91.jpg

Congrats!! Excellent stuff!

Do you remember how long it took you?

13 hours ago, nads said:

COSMIC COMMUTER : ROLLAGE! ( 1,000,000 points )

WOAAAH, DIZZY

You are IMPOSSIBLE.... excited happy birthday GIF...TO BEAT. Time to break things... !!! Kool Aid Man style

*Victory* Ohhh yeah! kool aid animation GIF by weinventyou

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

OMG,

I don't know what is more surprising, the fact I never noticed this game exists before now... (been at AtariAge for nearly 20 yrs)

or, with (emulation)... it's the worst Activision game I ever played on Atari 2600.

WHY!

Buckle up kiddo,... we're goin straight to HELL

confused baby GIFimage.thumb.jpeg.448e05893b0a0b576ab361cefafe79ef.jpeg

wtf.jpg

• Haha 4

Got bored around 60K and started scheming to finish with exactly 100,00 points but screwed that up and had to settle for 101,000. This was a game I didn't know existed until the original Activision Action Pack and it was one of my favorites on that one. Then I got to the point where I could play pretty much indefinitely and it lost some of its luster (especially after I figured out it would take 6 hours or so to roll and I had no interest in playing that long). Game 2 is better. It starts out faster and mixes up the obstacle types.

20200622_102921.jpg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, nads said:

Congrats!! Excellent stuff!

Do you remember how long it took you?

I think it took me about 7 hours.  I had a hard time getting a handle on the 8th round.  Those barrels kind of suck.  I figured out it was more important to miss some of the commuters than to die trying to get them all and have to start the whole level over again.

I took a few 5 minutes breaks here and there too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As promised here is the Video of my run.

I broke this game down to 2 Phases

1. Easy

2. Hard

The levels all repeat, so level 1-4 then become 9-13 etc.

For the easy levels, you just need to shoot one or 2 of the targets for the first 3 levels, this way you create the PATTERN you want, then its just a matter of Dodging and collecting fuel.

As Oyamafamily mentioned earlier, the Pod Stages ( 4 and 8 ) just require blasting non stop.

For the Levels 5-8 they Take more concentration, as you need to dodge, and go at some pace to make sure you pick up the passengers before they leave.

Level 7 I mainly push and shoot together as I found that easier they dodging this bouncy targets.

Hopefully this helps!

Edited by nads
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Mister-VCS said:

@Vocelli Is it possible to include some of the obscure "variants" of the original games as a bonus game (eg. Crackpots - Boom Bang;

Dolphin - Vogel Flieh!; Pitfall - Dschungel Boy; Enduro - Super Ferrari and so on) - what do the others think?

I'm intrigued ?  I've been loving the bonuses and would welcome a variant that offers enough change to shake things up (not just a difference in point distribution).

• Like 1