IGNORED

Robotron: 2084

liquidcross

Yeah, I had one of those... we just called it "two-by-fours and duct tape."

I still have two Wico sticks specifically for that purpose... the ones whose rubber feet were eaten away and whose surface, to this day, remains tacky with the remains of whatever-the-hell-it-is-duct-tape-adhesive-turns-to-after-awhile, from back when I first tried this ingenious device.

Works pretty good, though.

7800 controllers for Robotron... right. If you want freakin' plastic shards, everywhere.

Could be I'm just showing my age, though... the PlayStation Generation may be able to use a 7800 controller for more than fifteen minutes, but I certainly can't... not on Robotron, at any rate.

Yeah, I use utility clamps to hold the 7800 joysticks onto the edge of a table. This way the gameplay is more like the arcade cabinet.

However, I just discovered that you can use the 5200 coupler with 7800 sticks if you put them in backwards (in relation to how the 5200 controllers fit into the coupler.) They don't fit as tightly as the 5200 controllers, but it's definately usable.