IGNORED

MAME crash(?) issues

ClassicGMR

I have a brand new gaming rig that I copied MAME 0.181 over to. I am running MAMEUI and I have the weirdest issue I just can't figure out.

I can run any game and it will work fine. When I exit the game (hit ESC) the screen sits like it crashed on the game. However my mouse pointer shows up and I can see it change as I scroll over other selections in the MAMEUI menu even though I can't see the menu itself. Double-clicking when the mouse shows it is on something crashes MAME completely back to the desktop. If I hold ALT-TAB I can close the active MAME window and my desktop appears.

I am running Windows 10 Home on an Intel® Core™ i5-9600K, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB and 16GB of DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM. Everything is updated.

Sorry, I don't know much about MAMEUI, but can you choose a different screen output option- switch to/from OpenGL for instance and see if it affects the problem?  Or switch between bgfx and hlsl if you are using them.

Of course it could be your particular graphics driver version as well, the latest is not necessarily the most compatible with everything.

FWIW, I'm currently running MAME .212 which I built a few months ago for my Linux machine.  It fixed a slowdown problem I was having with art overlays+bgfx on .185.

Edited by fluxit
  • Thanks 1

I'm assuming mameui is an independent program and mame is the official release from mamedev.org.  If you run mame directly (without mameui) does it have this issue?  If it does try installing a fresh copy of mame.  If the fresh copy has no issue than investigate your mame settings like fluxit is suggesting.

I'm running mameui64 0.220.  It's a custom mame build with integrated UI.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1