IGNORED

what version of TOS is this?

It's a must have utility for STs.

https://sites.google.com/site/stessential/system-tools/sysinfo

If you don't have a Gotek or a hard drive on the machine, it may be kind of hard to get it onto the machine though. I guess if you have a 3.5" floppy on your modern computer you might be able to put it onto a disk, but very few people have working disk drives these days.

For 1.44 MB to work, there's also a Gal that needs to be the right revision.

If not, it won't work either.

If I'm not mistaken, the one you need is in this .zip

However I'm not sure which one to get. And I don't have source code.

I did replace that one in my computer as well and also placed the FPU and Gal with that.

BR/

Guus

GAL.zip

Thanks guys, went back through this and I see I don't have the Ajax chip, just the standard WD-1772 chip present as well as roms 2.05.  I do have the correct GAL and the connection between the Gal and the 68000 is present.  One thing to note, the SMD-340 did at one time try to do a HD format, but then stopped and never really has been able to read an HD floppy, even after all the drive cleaning and re-capping.  From what I see present, probably only the Ajax chip would been needed to get this to work properly as it did try to at one time.  BTW, it appears from the Atari field notes that the floppy cable needs to be flipped to work with the 340, for a 380 DSDD, the orientation remains the same.

I have been watching a lot of videos on floppy repairs, particularly gadgetuk164, he has a 100% success rate at getting these floppy drives to work on his Amigas.  Right now, while I have done a number of repairs on my floppys, one thing that maybe trowing them off is one of the replacement caps is a little tall and doesn't allow the rear pcb to sit absolutely flat which may be affecting the track zero sensor, new caps on the way will eliminate that particular problem this week.