IGNORED

Atari 2600 color changing power LED mod

Tidus79001

I have a 2600 light sixer that I want to mod.  I want to have a power led and would like to have one that changes colors like in this video.  Does anyone know if this is a kit that is available to purchase (and where if so) or can someone advise on what would need to be purchased to accomplish this mod and instructions on how to install it (I would prefer a kit but if it isn't an option obtaining the parts and having instructions will suffice).

Not sure where to get those exact RGB LEDs from as all the ones I've found do a random blinking and fast color switching pattern that is honestly annoying. But...once you have the LED. It is just a matter of wiring it to the +5 off the system somewhere along with a current limiting resistor so it doesn't burn out and mounting it into the front face plate.

Those color changing LED's come (or used to come) with some of the simple A/V mod kits found on eBay and Console5.com.

-edit-

Wow, just looked at Console5's site and don't see any of the simple 2600/7800 A/V mod kits anymore. WTH? Their site exploded and has a ton of other stuff and components now. In fact, I no longer see anyone selling those color changing LED's. Hmm... anyone know what's up with that? I still have one leftover from kits I've bought throughout the years. They rare as hens teeth now or what? And if so, why? Thought they were popular.

Here's an eBay link to a guy that sells the simple A/V mods:

https://tinyurl.com/yb7eu8rv