IGNORED

Pan-Theon

satyrsfaction

5 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Looks cool.  I downloaded the binary but I can't seem to be able to play it using Stella 6.2.  I get the title screen and I can reset to the first screen but I can't move Pan anywhere.  :(

you move the flashing dot on the lower map to one of the red locations, then the action moves to the top of the screen where you move pan around.

• Thanks 1

I tried to play this today and my flatscreen TV doesn't seem to like it, even with a RetroTink 2 Pro.  Does it have any scanline issues or anything?

This isn't the only game I seem to be having a problem with though.  I also couldn't play Tower of Rubble.  This is the first time I've noticed since I haven't been playing on a real Atari in a while (I usually play on either the Flashback 9 or Retron 77).

29 minutes ago, KevinMos3 said:

I tried to play this today and my flatscreen TV doesn't seem to like it, even with a RetroTink 2 Pro.  Does it have any scanline issues or anything?

This isn't the only game I seem to be having a problem with though.  I also couldn't play Tower of Rubble.  This is the first time I've noticed since I haven't been playing on a real Atari in a while (I usually play on either the Flashback 9 or Retron 77).

I don't have my real Atari in working order yet to test it. It had scanline issues, not sure if they're under control -- hopefully they are. it works fine on my Retron and on Stella, for me at least.

Edited by satyrsfaction

My guess is that the Flashback 9 and Retron 77 will mask the issue because they'll output 720p to the TV regardless of what's going on with the scanline count as long as Stella can handle it.

Edit: the issue with Tower of Rubble ended up being with the Encore rather than scanlines.  ToR works fine with the older Harmony cart.  However, this one seems to have a scanline issue.  That's my best guess for why the TV keeps going in and out when trying to play.

Edited by KevinMos3

Just tried it with a Harmony Cart on my 2600jr. The first screen seemed to jump up and down a tiny bit, but that settled down after a while, so maybe it was just my system. The only suggestions I would make are: 1) 8 directional movement, like in Halo 2600, and 2) maybe do something with the top half of the screen when it's not in use, if only to avoid confusion (although I'd be hard pressed to suggest what).

Other than that, it's a great little game! Had me thinking of Cloudy Mountain on the Intellivision. I'd be interested to see what the box and manual artwork would look like for this.