IGNORED

Pimped up Atari Video Music

Rob Mitchell

That is very interesting, I wonder how old that photo is.  I found it on the 20thenturyvideogames.com website, which looks like it just collects photos of tons of different video game consoles, handhelds, computers, and so forth, from that era.  Unfortunately, doesn't look like any of the images have information on where the image originated.

..Al

2 hours ago, Albert said:

That is very interesting, I wonder how old that photo is.  I found it on the 20thenturyvideogames.com website, which looks like it just collects photos of tons of different video game consoles, handhelds, computers, and so forth, from that era.  Unfortunately, doesn't look like any of the images have information on where the image originated.

..Al

Maybe the image tag in the file would give some further insight? 

I was lucky to find mine back in 2007 - complete in box with manual, styrofoam inserts.  Cosmetically the unit is a 10/10 - the box was a bit torn.  I paid $239 for it (plus shipping - $252 total).  Very expensive, but I'd wanted one since I first learned of them.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I was lucky to find mine back in 2007 - complete in box with manual, styrofoam inserts.  Cosmetically the unit is a 10/10 - the box was a bit torn.  I paid $239 for it (plus shipping - $252 total).  Very expensive, but I'd wanted one since I first learned of them.

Nice! Can’t even get a loose one for $252 today.

I'd hate to see one destroyed, but even a non-working one, I think would work.  If this could be "de-capped", we could then have a re-creation of the custom circuit.  I wonder if the schematic or netlist for the custom circuit exists?  @Curt Vendel - any chance?  That would be my holy grail discovery!