IGNORED

Biscuits in Hell!, new game

Philsan

• 6 months later...
On 6/23/2020 at 8:14 PM, skr said:

The game is not property of the ABBUC, @playsoft has every right to publish it in any form he wishes as it is his work. Thankfully, he gave the other members some benefit to being a member, by releasing it through the ABBUC first. If he doesn´t want to release it to the general public himself, we could release it to the public (there is a free download area on the website) when we publish the next magazine, making it an ABBUC exclusive for three months. We don´t want to hide stuff from non-members, but we love to have some exclusive stuff making a membership even more worthwile.

Hi Sascha, three months had passed, unfortunately I cannot find the game file in that public ABBUC area - was it published there?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, +Adam+ said:

Hi Sascha, three months had passed, unfortunately I cannot find the game file in that public ABBUC area - was it published there?

I also, would like to see it available especially since you're having troubles finding it, my Ultimate Cart is waiting, hopefully it will be available as an .xex, .bin, or .rom soon

Thanks Paul!!! Now I have BOTH the 5200 version and the 8-bit version, can you please perhaps convert your terrific version of Yar's Strike you did for us 5200 owners earlier this year, I like yours better than the one Homesoft put up for the 8-bit, yours has all the bugs ironed out of it, as well as that galaxy of moving stars in it, in which I prefer, those are what separates your version from the rest!!! :) Thanks @playsoft!!!

Here is the link to the 5200 version of this great rendition he did of it!!!

Yar's Strike - 5200 Version.bin

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 12:00 AM, emkay said:

Had a look

on the "original" .

Wonderful soundtrack in there. Atari graphics look nicer.

But we must admit that ZX Spectrum game is not bad either. Monochrome look, but more detailed, gameplay is the same as on Atari version.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gury said:

But we must admit that ZX Spectrum game is not bad either. Monochrome look, but more detailed, gameplay is the same as on Atari version.

Depends on what you recognize "detailed" . 

The graphics of the Speccy version is rather flat. 

The colorization incl. the brightnesses used, gives the graphics some ambient details, you only find on 16 bit computers. Or 8 bits beyond 1985.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have just been playing this game and I think that I have been playing it for longer than I have played any other Atari game in a long time.

It is very well developed and has that "just another game" factor to it.

When I lose a life, I feel like it is my own fault and if only I hadn't hesitated 2 seconds before, I would have been OK.

It's pretty difficult, but great fun. I noticed that if you lose a life and then respawn and quickly get the last biscuit, you will get more points than if you survived. Though you have one life less which will ultimately cost you. 

• 5 months later...
On 6/28/2020 at 1:08 AM, Mathy said:

Hello guys

Cookies on the Atari?  What has the world become, when even the trusted Nolan Bushnell computer doesn't protect you from those annoying cookies...

Sincerely

Mathy

LOL.....

But Nolan didn't have much to do with the A8 computers....he left in november 1978.....

• Confused 1

On 1/3/2021 at 9:29 PM, skr said:

Thanks to +Adam+ for the reminder!

You can find the game in the Public Downloads:

http://www.abbuc.de/mitgliedschaft/downloads/viewcategory/30-freie-software-free-software

Site is down. Like it usually is regretfully. It's good to see there's work on a new website though....

Edited by Level42

• 1 year later...