IGNORED

Apple 1 eBay Buy It Now

zeiche

It's been for sale for a while.
It was 2 million +$100 shipping when it was first listed if memory serves... also the title said "steve jobs built computer"... at least before the seller corrected it.

Edited by bluejay

• 3 weeks later...

Might be worth trying to look at the images if they're helpful enough against this: https://www.apple1registry.com/en/theapple1.html

If only 200 were made, 175 assembled, and they came in two batches there has to be something to this.  Even yet, how many still are assembled and working now more than 40 years later?

I'm using that registry to give it a once over, it's not an original, it's second batch.  The give away is on the PCB where there's a rhomboid logo under where it says APPLE Computer 1 on the mid-left of the board in the 4th picture.  I'm not knocking it, it's still spendy to say the least, but batch 1 was assembled by hand by Apple and often times many/most boards had hand written ink numbers on them as they worked that remain.  Batch 2 was farmed out for assembly so 'legendary' fingers didn't lay their creative hands on it.  Considering how few of them probably still exist and work, and that the deepest pocketed enthusiasts seem to go after batch 1 as a preference, I'm curious how much he'll come of 1.5M to sell that.

Anyone care to venture some guesses what it actually is worth, or if someone would actually pull the trigger on that one given there could really be less than 10 in working order, and who knows if any of them in public hands are still as clean and nice as that one.  It could be the best remaining working system left that's not in some museum.

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Anyone care to venture some guesses what it actually is worth, or if someone would actually pull the trigger on that one given there could really be less than 10 in working order, and who knows if any of them in public hands are still as clean and nice as that one.  It could be the best remaining working system left that's not in some museum.

Well, it's the only one available for sale at the moment, so although it is ridiculously overpriced compared to prices other Apple Is have been sold for, the price is up to the seller. I guess we'll have to see if anyone bites.

However, I don't really know there even exists anyone willing to buy it for 1.5 million. I don't know Bill Gates that well but I can't imagine him buying any kind of Apple computer for 1.5m, and I bet Woz already has an Apple I. From what I've gathered retro computer collectors aren't that rich and don't have 1.5m to spend on a computer, and those who do won't have any interest in it. I don't know; maybe some kind of museum might buy it. As I said, I guess we'll have to see.

14 hours ago, bluejay said:

Well, it's the only one available for sale at the moment, so although it is ridiculously overpriced compared to prices other Apple Is have been sold for, the price is up to the seller. I guess we'll have to see if anyone bites.

However, I don't really know there even exists anyone willing to buy it for 1.5 million. I don't know Bill Gates that well but I can't imagine him buying any kind of Apple computer for 1.5m, and I bet Woz already has an Apple I. From what I've gathered retro computer collectors aren't that rich and don't have 1.5m to spend on a computer, and those who do won't have any interest in it. I don't know; maybe some kind of museum might buy it. As I said, I guess we'll have to see.

I could agree with that.  It's just that so many are being so dumb with money this year over electronic junk.  I mean the best remaining(potentially) sealed copy of SMB1 sealed/high graded hit what 115K?  And that can't even be powered, used, let alone touched.  I just wonder what kind of potential crazy could be out there that would consider a million fritter worthy.