IGNORED

atari-sound-forger (intro vid) - jam and code up music riffs in your browser

kisrael

https://alienbill.com/2600/atari-sound-forger/

I have been working on a toy/tool to let you play with atari sounds in real time in the browser, and added functionality to record loops, and then put 2 tracks into a batari Basic sample template.

Its goal is to make a fun too to mess around with / explore sounds Ataris make, and to let people with just a little music skill make competent tracks they can put into their games.

I made a small tutorial, showing how easy it is to make the same bassline I used in my '04 release of JoustPong...

Your tool is great, useful and... fun!

Some minor points:

- It doesn't play well with FireFox when "Find as you type" (aka "Search for text when you start typing") is enabled.

- It's a bit difficult, out of the box, for keyboards like "azerty" or "qwertz".

- You should map "stop all sounds" to the space key.

- Is it possible to add a "directly click on the piano keys with mouse cursor" function?

Thanks, and nice work!

Edited by Rastignac
typo

8 hours ago, Rastignac said:

Your tool is great, useful and... fun!

Some minor points:

- It doesn't play well with FireFox when "Find as you type" (aka "Search for text when you start typing") is enabled.

- It's a bit difficult, out of the box, for keyboards like "azerty" or "qwertz".

- You should map "stop all sounds" to the space key.

- Is it possible to add a "directly click on the piano keys with mouse cursor" function?

Thanks, and nice work!

Thanks for the encouragement (a little goes a long way) and great ideas, especially the stop button :-D 
Is find when you type only a problem for the slash key? I tried to steer away from that but might have missed a spot. Or is it more of a problem in general?

I tried to leave it a little open for putting in new keyboards (I know I was being US centric but I'm lazy) - maybe that task isn't so hard