IGNORED

How Do You Store DS and 3DS Carts?

Hi everyone! I recently started getting loose Nintendo DS and 3DS carts for my collection. Not only have I found loose carts to be extremely cheap where I live, but I also realized that I have access to games that I would never get CIB. I used to be obsessed about getting CIB copies (especially for DS and 3DS games), they tend to be hard to store, easy to lose if you're not careful and it's hard to display those games properly. So I was wondering if anyone out there was having a similar problem and maybe found a way to display DS and 3DS carts in a way that looks cool or at least different. I was searching online and most of the solutions require you to get 3D-printed stands that are usually expensive and I would need to pay international shipping for them. At the moment, I'm using a case that was made to store small screws and that can hold a bunch of DS games, but it doesn't look great. What do you think? Thanks in advance!

Personally I just don't buy them loose unless it's so utterly cheap buying the missing rest of it comes out below just looking for a decent priced one all there.  When I've had loose waiting on that, I've got a few of those mini snap cases about the size of a GBA cart or a little bigger, it'll hold like 4 of the games within it.  That then goes inside the carrier case thing I have the system in so I have choices.

6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Personally I just don't buy them loose unless it's so utterly cheap buying the missing rest of it comes out below just looking for a decent priced one all there.  When I've had loose waiting on that, I've got a few of those mini snap cases about the size of a GBA cart or a little bigger, it'll hold like 4 of the games within it.  That then goes inside the carrier case thing I have the system in so I have choices.

For the longest time I refused to buy loose as well, but I came to the realization that I would not be able to play certain games if I kept being so picky. The loose cart I just bought, for instance, is Yu-Gi-Oh! 2011 for the DS (I'm too lazy to check its full name). I got that for around 3 USD and the shipping is actually more expensive that the game. Just for reference, that game is usually around 30 bucks loose, so I might as well get it. Apparently, it's not the best Yu-Gi-Oh! game for the DS, but I want to at least one of those and it doesn't hurt if it happens to be an uncommon one. So far my options for storage are getting cheap games just to use their cases or get a carrier case as you suggest. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Magmavision2000 said:

I know that during the late 2000's to early 2010's there were loads of DS cart holders that flooded the market, you could probably find some of those for cheap. You could also use a card binder.

I might try to get one of those as part of a lot with a bunch of inexpensive games or something. Thanks!

21 hours ago, Games Retrospect said:

For the longest time I refused to buy loose as well, but I came to the realization that I would not be able to play certain games if I kept being so picky. The loose cart I just bought, for instance, is Yu-Gi-Oh! 2011 for the DS (I'm too lazy to check its full name). I got that for around 3 USD and the shipping is actually more expensive that the game. Just for reference, that game is usually around 30 bucks loose, so I might as well get it. Apparently, it's not the best Yu-Gi-Oh! game for the DS, but I want to at least one of those and it doesn't hurt if it happens to be an uncommon one. So far my options for storage are getting cheap games just to use their cases or get a carrier case as you suggest. Thanks!

Well I still won't do it unless I can get the case/manual for a rate that is under the value of the game all there in the first place.  I started doing that in the last 3 years or so with both DS and PS1 games.  This goodwill I would weekly on the weekend had some games a few times where some douche stole the disc but left the case/manual.  At first was Diablo, then weeks later Breath of Fire III, also Parappa the Rapper.  I ended up getting cases/manual for the games for like $10-15 each which even then was a savings of 1/2 or a little more than the value of a complete title.  Another I'd go M-F on the way to my kids school I found this zip bag for $7 with a black dslite, a few games all loose, and worth it to me was Mario & Luigi and Super Mario 64 DS, so I got the cases/manuals on those for $5 shipped, big savings again.  I'm not, never will I be against it, outright, but I won't do it in general unless it's so freaking cheap I can win putting the added effort into it.