IGNORED

CP/M ATR images

Kyle22

I have 5.3 now. It stops emulation (seemingly randomly) when I am using CP/M. I had to turn off all highspeed stuff. I was playing Zork and still got BDOS Err on B: a few times.

Is there a way to configure @trub Term (TT) to use high speed, or is the Indus directly commanding B:?

There has got to be a way to make this nice and fast.

Ideally, we should be able to have the Atari -> Indus -> Atari speed made faster, and allow PBI mounted images to be used as B: instead of slow SIO.

Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

I have 5.3 now. It stops emulation (seemingly randomly) when I am using CP/M. I had to turn off all highspeed stuff

Do you mean that with version 5.1, it was working well without turning off all highspeed stuff?

6 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

what's the direct link to the latest version, and can you describe the fixes that were included?

There is no link because there is no binary built yet.

I am waiting for the latest code (printer emulation) from Jochen.

We will have a call this week-end.

Then I will also make a couple of fixes in the 1020 printer emulation.

And finally, we will be able to release a 5.4 with better printing emulation and the fix about the ATR size issue.

Nothing else is planned.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ebiguy said:

There is no link because there is no binary built yet.

I am waiting for the latest code (printer emulation) from Jochen.

We will have a call this week-end.

Then I will also make a couple of fixes in the 1020 printer emulation.

And finally, we will be able to release a 5.4 with better printing emulation and the fix about the ATR size issue.

Nothing else is planned.

I hope that once FujiNet becomes more widely known and people become more familiar with its code and features that the amazing printer emulation features can be ported over into RespeQt. It would be amazing to have that kind of Epson emulation in the hands of RespeQt users.

EDIT: Apologies for the thread hijack! I forgot what the thread topic was when I replied.

• Like 3

On 6/25/2020 at 4:24 AM, Kyle22 said:

Is there a way to configure @trub Term (TT) to use high speed, or is the Indus directly commanding B:?

TT simply calls SIOV OS procedure to access the B: drive, so the speed depends on OS.

You get high speed if OS itself supports this or if the high speed handler is hooked to the OS vector (such as SIO driver in the FJC's Ultimate1MB firmware).

However, after reading the data, TT still needs to send it to Indus CP/M via SIO. A double transfer is then needed: drive B: -> TT -> Indus CP / M, which results in poor performance.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

almost sounds like the CP/M sio routine in the indus needs a patch when in cp/m mode.

To do more than 19,200 yeah. Divisor zero would be SWEET!

Goal: Get NZ-COM on the Indus. Use fast SIO and PBI large HD image as B:

Edited by Kyle22
clarity

21 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

@trub So this should in theory work with a PBI HD partition as B: then? I wonder if the DPB can be patched to use more than a 180K disk.

Sure it can be done. However, I think it would be better to patch DPB for drive C (it now set for 90k disk in the second drive, so of questionable use nowadays).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I think we'd need something simple and interrupt driven. (So the Indus can IRQ the Atari.) There has to be be a way to use a fast HD. When we're using the terminal prog on the Atari to CP/M on the Indus GT. We we need a way to bridge APT hard drives to CP/M in the Indus GT or FujiNet. Let's do this with BOTH of them. [if possible].

Have a Happy New Year.

If I'm not making sense, just ignore me, but I think it possible to integrate IndusGT CP/M drives w/ FujiNet for purpose of exchange of disks with other users.

That's what we need.

A Full Disk copy / protection bypass / PIRATE system /CP/M system is Ready and Waiting! Let's USE IT.

Indus GT (& Clones) is / are a POWERFUL TOOL!

Also ATR8000.

Much Z80 could be written to help the 65(c)xxx in the Atari.

:)

Think of putting together ALL of what we have now. SIO & PBI HD. With or Without a VBXE, it would be useful to have a driver (IF there's any way to do it) Support :

1. Indus-GT to CP/M drive in FujiNet?

2. Indus-GT CP/M drive B:, C:, etc to support PBI HD's or IMAGES? That would be PERFECT.

3. ATR-8000 would be possible to fix up.

I'm just throwing it out there.

Look for ways to make new things happen.