IGNORED

Rebooteroids Number 1 seller

JaggingUK

I don't know how accurate the Atariage store is on here, but when ever I click on 'Most Popular' in the Jaguar store it always seems to be Rebooteroids that is always number 1. If that is accurate (based on monthly sales maybe) I think it is great that a true quality release for the Jaguar is the one that keeps selling well - Defender of the Crown at number 2 and probably running very low on stock seems to be at that number a lot too... But great to see that people buying Jaguar games have clearly heard Rebooteroids is a brilliant game.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

I think Xenon II would be up there also; but it's had more limited availability. 

Rebooteroids certainly deserves the #1 spot; it's a "Must own" for any Jaguar owner.  Unless you hate Asteroids; in which case do you even like videogames? 

I’m kind of partial to a bit of llamatron as well mind. ?

• Like 1

Yeah, I absolutely love Rebooteroids. It is such a great title and my favorite game on the Jaguar. Actually, Rebooteroids and Downfall get played the most in our house. We had friends over a few months back and one of our friends was asking me to show everyone else a game. He couldn't remember the name and wasn't describing it too well. It ended up being Downfall, which he hadn't played for almost two years. It made an impression on him and I guess everyone else cuz we played it for almost 2 hours. Developers should look at Downfall as a example of a simple game that focuses on good controls and FUN gameplay.

Now lets see some online scores getting posted on https://reboot-games.com/scores.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Machine said:

Yeah, I absolutely love Rebooteroids. It is such a great title and my favorite game on the Jaguar. Actually, Rebooteroids and Downfall get played the most in our house. We had friends over a few months back and one of our friends was asking me to show everyone else a game. He couldn't remember the name and wasn't describing it too well. It ended up being Downfall, which he hadn't played for almost two years. It made an impression on him and I guess everyone else cuz we played it for almost 2 hours. Developers should look at Downfall as a example of a simple game that focuses on good controls and FUN gameplay.

Now lets see some online scores getting posted on https://reboot-games.com/scores.html

I'd love to see Downfall + support the rotary controller... that would be pretty awesome. I've gotten pretty far in the game, but I have to get into a "mode" in order to do well. Normally when I just pick it up, I suck at it... but once I get a rythm... I can play for 10-15 minutes straight without dying.

3 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

Hear that, CJ? "Downfall" is not a clear enough name. And the gameplay is way too complex to be remembered.

I never claimed my friends were all that bright. You could name a game "GAME" and most of them wouldn't have a clue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2020 at 3:20 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

I think Xenon II would be up there also; but it's had more limited availability.

Xenon II wasn't added to the AtariAge Store until after a large number of them had already been sold.  It's not likely to catch up to Rebooteroids ever.  We will have more copies of Xenon 2 available soon, as we're having more boxes, manuals and labels printed.

On 6/23/2020 at 5:33 PM, Kal said:

Rebooteroids is incredible but it may be on comments and ratings and not just sales. 

The rankings are based on sales alone, comments and ratings do not play into it at all.

..Al

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Albert said:

Xenon II wasn't added to the AtariAge Store until after a large number of them had already been sold.  It's not likely to catch up to Rebooteroids ever.  We will have more copies of Xenon 2 available soon, as we're having more boxes, manuals and labels printed.

The rankings are based on sales alone, comments and ratings do not play into it at all.

..Al

Will the new copies of Xenon II be indistinguishable from the first run? Any idea of how many copies you are going to get? I plan on getting it, so hopefully it will be enough to not sell out quickly.  Any chance you could give an update on the number of copies left for the current limited availability Jaguar games?

On 8/9/2020 at 7:09 PM, jeremiahjt said:

Will the new copies of Xenon II be indistinguishable from the first run? Any idea of how many copies you are going to get? I plan on getting it, so hopefully it will be enough to not sell out quickly.  Any chance you could give an update on the number of copies left for the current limited availability Jaguar games?

Yes, they won't come with miniature boxes. :P

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 8:09 PM, jeremiahjt said:

No, the cover artwork is slightly different.  I purchased a copy of the Amiga version of the game on eBay and scanned the cover in high resolution.  The manual was completely redone from scratch as well, and the label will also be a bit different (still need to get that done). Plenty of copies will be available, so you won't have a problem getting a copy.  Only have about 20 copies of Defender of the Crown, and each of the Dizzy titles is limited to 250 copies.  I have to look to see how many remain for the two we currently have in the store (Treasure Island Dizzy and Fantasy World Dizzy).

Here's what the updated Xenon 2 looks like (click for a larger view):

Jaguar_Xenon2_Render_Boxes.jpg

..Al

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2020 at 5:51 PM, Albert said:

No, the cover artwork is slightly different.  I purchased a copy of the Amiga version of the game on eBay and scanned the cover in high resolution.  The manual was completely redone from scratch as well, and the label will also be a bit different (still need to get that done). Plenty of copies will be available, so you won't have a problem getting a copy.  Only have about 20 copies of Defender of the Crown, and each of the Dizzy titles is limited to 250 copies.  I have to look to see how many remain for the two we currently have in the store (Treasure Island Dizzy and Fantasy World Dizzy).

Here's what the updated Xenon 2 looks like (click for a larger view):

Jaguar_Xenon2_Render_Boxes.jpg

..Al

Is Defender of the Crown a limited edition game or will you replenish it once the 20 or so copies are gone?