IGNORED

NEXT Season info

• 1 month later...

Just a quick couple of notes for Season 14 if I may. If the Season is 18 games again we are going to need to have some Season 13 repeats. Having the 2 or 3 that we had this year to me is NOT enough because we have a limited library here of great games. We had Space Armada, Auto Racing and Deadly Discs as the 3 repeats from the prior Season. I would say in an 18 game Season the repeat number should be a 3rd of the Season so 6 games to me should be repeated. And then ofcourse 12 new ones. I would say maybe also that in an 18 game Season there could be a 3rd of them containing Bonus games. Bonus games are super fun and to me it really keeps the competition at it's best. I would break Season 14 down like this. 

Game 1 - New game for Season 14

Game 2 - Repeat game from Season 13

Game 3 - New game (with bonus game) for Season 14

Game 4 - New game for Season 14

Game 5 - Repeat game from Season 13

Game 6 - New game (with bonus game) for Season 14

Game 7 - New game for Season 14

Game 8 - Repeat game from Season 13

Game 9 - New game (with bonus game) for Season 14

Game 10 - New game for Season 14

Game 11 - Repeat game from Season 13

Game 12 - New game (with bonus game) for Season 14

Game 13 - New game for Season 14

Game 14 - Repeat game from Season 13

Game 15 - New game (with bonus game) for Season 14

Game 16 - New game for Season 14

Game 17 - Repeat game from Season 13

Game 18 - New game (with bonus game) for Season 14 [Ending the Season with a bonus game would be super awesome especially if it's a close race]

I love the scoring system we have now (regular games and bonus games) as well as the bonus scoring for breaking / setting records. That all should stay 'as is' to me....

Lastly, I had fun filling in the scores for Jacob while he was sick. I would like to nominate myself as Jacob 2 whenever he needs the help. I will chip in with updates here and there where appropriate. I'm a wiz in Excel, am a huge numbers guy and I ran various fantasy football leagues over the years so this kind of thing is both fun and easy for me.... ?

Anyway, just my two cents. 

Cheers,

Rickster8

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

Just a quick couple of notes for Season 14 if I may. If the Season is 18 games again we are going to need to have some Season 13 repeats. Having the 2 or 3 that we had this year to me is NOT enough because we have a limited library here of great games. We had Space Armada, Auto Racing and Deadly Discs as the 3 repeats from the prior Season. I would say in an 18 game Season the repeat number should be a 3rd of the Season so 6 games to me should be repeated. And then ofcourse 12 new ones. I would say maybe also that in an 18 game Season there could be a 3rd of them containing Bonus games. Bonus games are super fun and to me it really keeps the competition at it's best. I would break Season 14 down like this. 

Game 1 - New game for Season 14

Game 2 - Repeat game from Season 13

Game 3 - New game (with bonus game) for Season 14

Game 4 - New game for Season 14

Game 5 - Repeat game from Season 13

Game 6 - New game (with bonus game) for Season 14

Game 7 - New game for Season 14

Game 8 - Repeat game from Season 13

Game 9 - New game (with bonus game) for Season 14

Game 10 - New game for Season 14

Game 11 - Repeat game from Season 13

Game 12 - New game (with bonus game) for Season 14

Game 13 - New game for Season 14

Game 14 - Repeat game from Season 13

Game 15 - New game (with bonus game) for Season 14

Game 16 - New game for Season 14

Game 17 - Repeat game from Season 13

Game 18 - New game (with bonus game) for Season 14 [Ending the Season with a bonus game would be super awesome especially if it's a close race]

I love the scoring system we have now (regular games and bonus games) as well as the bonus scoring for breaking / setting records. That all should stay 'as is' to me....

Lastly, I had fun filling in the scores for Jacob while he was sick. I would like to nominate myself as Jacob 2 whenever he needs the help. I will chip in with updates here and there where appropriate. I'm a wiz in Excel, am a huge numbers guy and I ran various fantasy football leagues over the years so this kind of thing is both fun and easy for me.... ?

Cheers,

Rickster8

Agree Rick, appreciate your updates and your ideas here. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Lol yes I forgot, begging your forgiveness... Hahahahahahaha, I've never actually played it but I can tell it sucks. Is it worse than Sewer Sam???? 

It's not an inherently bad game, just a really bad port.  It makes the controls in Beauty and the Beast seem tight by comparison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

You have too repeat some otherwise you end up playing Vectron and / or Mouse Trap lol ?

I would like an excuse to really give Vectron a try. The presentation of it is slick as hell, and the main thing that I hate is how reliant the gameplay is on the damn side buttons.

But still, I'd give it a go. ?

Edited by Intelligentleman
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, BiffMan said:

It's not an inherently bad game, just a really bad port.  It makes the controls in Beauty and the Beast seem tight by comparison.

I played it lastnight for the first and hopefully the last time ever. The game is painfully bad and the controls are even worse..... Just another POS port from Coleco, ugh. That being said I do think Carnival is kind of fun so there is that. Not sure there’s any other Coleco port I’d endorse tho.... 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

I would like an excuse to really give Vectron a try. The presentation of it is slick as hell, and the main thing that I hate is how reliant the gameplay is on the damn side buttons.

But still, I'd give it a go. ?

Vectron could show up bonus style. but Mouse will likely not, and seems to be only be a fav of mine. The new gaming crew here cant stand it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/26/2020 at 10:00 AM, Rickster8 said:

Just a quick couple of notes for Season 14 if I may. If the Season is 18 games again we are going to need to have some Season 13 repeats.

?

Cheers,

Rickster8

Thanks for jumping in, and since you've been holding the fort on updates, numbers and that.... let me know in PM which games you'd like to play for Game 12, and 13. :) I can start the headline for game 12.

46 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Vectron could show up bonus style. but Mouse will likely not, and seems to be only be a fav of mine. The new gaming crew here cant stand it.

I think as a bonus Vectron would probably be cool. Like Intelligentleman said I'd be willing to 'try' it, but the game we do not mention is a no for me, but who knows Biffman might wanna play it, HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

Any homebrews planned for next season?

Just don’t think many people here have the homebrews in order to play them. And folks like myself that don’t play on emulation won’t want to go buy them for who knows how much money online. Some of them are very expensive.  

Edited by IntyFanMatt

59 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

I think as a bonus Vectron would probably be cool. Like Intelligentleman said I'd be willing to 'try' it, but the game we do not mention is a no for me, but who knows Biffman might wanna play it, HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Its actually my #1 fav Intellivision game! Addicting and not nearly as complicated as it seems at first.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Its actually my #1 fav Intellivision game! Addicting and not nearly as complicated as it seems at first.

Vectron or the game we do not mention? (edit) Yes Vectron... to me is like Tetris is to others, "JacobZu7zu7". 

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

3 hours ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

I'll play anything, so I'm fine with it making a return, I just reserve the right to make fun of it constantly.  ? 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I'm down for any game, honestly, but I'm not committed to buying games that I don't have AND also probably don't want, like you know what...

If it's a game I'd like to have anyway, I'm cool with plunking down a little change for it. Within reason.

In fact, I'd estimate I've purchased at least a half dozen games based on what we're doing in HSC.

Edited by Intelligentleman
  • Like 4