IGNORED

NEXT Season info

2 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

A buddy of mine had Atari and as soon as he popped in Pac Man, I never wanted it. Lol. God that was awful. My love for the Intellivision was born. 

My gawd...

When I got my 2600 Vader from a newspaper, it came with about 15 games and as youngin' excited to play Pac-man, but was so bad, I almost thought Atari was a lost cause, but no it wasn't! It was just a few games I didn't like. Donkey Kong was pretty dull to play.

Thank you internet, circa 1999.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 11:09 PM, IntyFanMatt said:

A buddy of mine had Atari and as soon as he popped in Pac Man, I never wanted it. Lol. God that was awful. My love for the Intellivision was born. 

My best friend got the Atari pac man. We waited for his dad to come home with the cart. It was just released in stores, and his dad vowed to get it on the day it gets released. It was about 9 pm. and his dad opened the front door with the cart in his hands. My friend was doing backflips in the living room. We brought the game to the basement... powered up the Atari and the tv.... and we looked at each other. At the Exact same time we both said “what the Hell is this?”? we could not BELIEVE that game was in the box and that was the game that was advertised all over television. We both played a turn and I just put on my jacket and left his house in disgust. He said “I don’t blame you... this game SUCKS”. 

That was the first and last time I ever played Atari.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

My best friend got the Atari pac man. We waited for his dad to come home with the cart. It was just released in stores, and his dad vowed to get it on the day it gets released. It was about 9 pm. and his dad opened the front door with the cart in his hands. My friend was doing backflips in the living room. We brought the game to the basement... powered up the Atari and the tv.... and we looked at each other. At the Exact same time we both said “what the Hell is this?”? we could not BELIEVE that game was in the box and that was the game that was advertised all over television. We both played a turn and I just put on my jacket and left his house in disgust. He said “I don’t blame you... this game SUCKS”. 

That was the first and last time I ever played Atari.

Haha! I felt the same way when I played it at my friends house. It was such garbage. So glad I went with the Inty at the time. The love affair continues 40 years later. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ya know, I was just thinking, there are 2 sports games that we could actually play in the HSC.  PBA Bowling and PGA Golf.  Both are obviously scored and can be played in single player.  Don't know if these have ever been played here (too lazy to look into the past seasons), but that would switch things up in an interesting way!

Edited by IntyFanMatt

Just now, IntyFanMatt said:

Ya know, I was just thinking, there are 2 sports games that we could actually play in the HSC.  PBA Bowling and PGA Golf.  Both are obviously scored and can be played in single player.  Don't know if these have ever been played here, but that would switch things up in an interesting way!

I have both and would gladly try both

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Ya know, I was just thinking, there are 2 sports games that we could actually play in the HSC.  PBA Bowling and PGA Golf.  Both are obviously scored and can be played in single player.  Don't know if these have ever been played here (too lazy to look into the past seasons), but that would switch things up in an interesting way!

Yes no doubt Bowling would work. I think it has been done here in the HSC albeit years ago... ?

• Like 2

Bowling might not work well.  You'd get too many people submitting a perfect score.  I'd be willing to try it.

I think for sports cartridges, PGA Golf, Skiing, and World Championship Baseball should work.  Although with WC Baseball, you can't tell what difficulty your playing.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Bowling might not work well.  You'd get too many people submitting a perfect score.  I'd be willing to try it.

I think for sports cartridges, PGA Golf, Skiing, and World Championship Baseball should work.  Although with WC Baseball, you can't tell what difficulty your playing.

I never bowled a perfect score in the Bowling game, but maybe there is a way.  If it's too easy to do, then maybe it won't work that great.  I think golf would be perfect though, I would love to play that here.  Skiing would be cool too, I forgot about that one!  Don't have WCB, never played it, but I would be willing to buy it.  I hear it's a good one.  I just watched a video of it and it does have a skill level selection in the start screen, so we just have to go by the honor system here.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

15 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Alright Jacob, there ya go, more ideas for future games and seasons:

PGA Golf

Skiing

World Championship Baseball

maybe PBA Bowling

? 

Skiing is AWESOME, loved that one when I was a kid... We could definitely do that one. It could work just like Auto Racing. Pick two or three courses and submit best times. I think Bowling would work because it's NOT easy getting 300. I think even 200+ is a challenge, but maybe that's just me..... 

• Like 2

Just now, Rickster8 said:

Skiing is AWESOME, loved that one when I was a kid... We could definitely do that one. It could work just like Auto Racing. Pick two or three courses and submit best times. I think Bowling would work because it's NOT easy getting 300. I think even 200+ is a challenge, but maybe that's just me..... 

Agree on both points, we gotta do these!!  I think they'd be very fun, and it's been a long time since I fired them up, so I would love to re-visit these.

You on board with golf too?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Agree on both points, we gotta do these!!  I think they'd be very fun, and it's been a long time since I fired them up, so I would love to re-visit these.

You on board with golf too?

Sure if it works well. Fire it up, lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Also, there are tons of members on this site, and I am surprised that we don't have more participants in the HSC.  I would think all of these Intv fanatics would enjoy playing these games.  What can be done to get more people to join us?  Jacob, any ideas?

Might make the occasional post in the main forum, not sure everyone sees this one.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Maybe we should start playing for cash and prizes, that would certainly get more people here!  LOL.

LOL, yeah that wouldn't hurt ;)

Here's a new INTV topic to appeal to more Intellivision gamers, who might not notice how hella cool it is playing games over here. ??

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1