IGNORED

NEXT Season info

There's no rule that requires players play every single game in HSC.  There's also nothing stopping anyone from playing every game without owning any intellivision hardware.  I didn't give vectron much attention until it came up in hsc.  And the controls can even map to a dpad if you want.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mr_me said:

There's no rule that requires players play every single game in HSC.  There's also nothing stopping anyone from playing every game without owning any intellivision hardware.  I didn't give vectron much attention until it came up in hsc.  And the controls can even map to a dpad if you want.

I’ve previously explained before that I invested good money to buy an RGB modded Intellivision and I want play all of my games on it. And I do not want to play on emulation because I do not have detachable Intellivision controllers that I could plug into a PC, nor do I have the time and patience to figure all of that out. I will not play Intellivision games on any other controller but the original ones. Those reasons alone prevent me from playing every game here. Some others may not want to play on emulation for similar reasons as well. Just because YOU think there’s nothing stopping YOU doesn’t mean it’s the same way for everyone else. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

5 minutes ago, mr_me said:

That's fine.  I don't play every game in hsc either.

But it seems you have all the tools, controllers, programs, extensive knowledge and the means to play every game. Which I don’t. You just CHOOSE not to play all of them. If you did, I bet you would be very dangerous because you are a very good player!

Edited by IntyFanMatt

An old computer is all you need.  A generic usb gamepad helps.  Knowledge came from the good people on atariage.  I concede that there are certainly other reasons that could keep someone from participating; but I wouldn't assume what those reasons are.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 3:49 PM, JacobZu7zu7 said:

If Im feeling well soon, I think I can consider a seperate HSC for Intellivision homebrews, 10 games a season adjacent to the regular INTV HSC.

I hope you feel better, sorry to hear that.

There are several homebrews available for free that would be great to play.

Maybe we could invite authors to participate when playing each game. I'm sure that would drive some interesting chat throughout the competition.

Princess Quest

Copter Command

Sea Venture

Upmonsters

Zombie Madness

Pumpkin Master

Moon Blast

etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

Maybe we could invite authors to participate when playing each game. I'm sure that would drive some interesting chat throughout the competition.

Princess Quest

Copter Command

Sea Venture

Upmonsters

Zombie Madness

Pumpkin Master

Moon Blast

etc

Laser Sharks is great too, and Christmas Carol as well. ?

On 9/27/2020 at 2:59 PM, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Vectron could show up bonus style. but Mouse will likely not, and seems to be only be a fav of mine. The new gaming crew here cant stand it.

Vectron is actually not horrible. I've been researching it and 'trying' to learn it. I got thru the first level and it's pretty cool seeing the board light up. My bad for saying it was BAD like the game we do not mention. 

So I have played both now, Vectron and the game which we do not mention and there is now no comparison for me. Vectron has potential to be pretty cool and the other game (rhymes with HOUSESLAP) is TERRIBLE, the controls are horrendously bad. Like Biffman says, it makes B&B look good control wise. ?

So I would be on board with this game (Vectron) showing up as a bonus game.... ?

UPDATE: Just got thru the 2nd level on Vectron, it's actually pretty cool. The controls are NOT great though.... 

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.
  • Like 3

On 10/1/2020 at 1:54 PM, cmadruga said:

Princess Quest

Copter Command

Sea Venture

Upmonsters

Zombie Madness

Pumpkin Master

Moon Blast

etc

I just played Space Patrol lastnight for the first time. That's a pretty good one too..... ?

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 7:36 PM, IntyFanMatt said:

Somehow...someway...would love to see AD&D and Space Battle in one of these seasons, maybe as bonus games. Can be scored by number of lives left and difficulty level. Would be awesome to shake things up and see those 2!!!

I love Space Battle. I'm down with both those suggestion

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion for consideration: Bonus games should not be for the same game as the main game on a given week. I don't mean to create extra work for the moderator, but it's fun to have another game to play just for yucks as we did with Utopia.  It's less fun to slog through the same game again like Dracula on hard.

I'm totally fine also playing Dracula on hard, but would recommend it be deferred to a future week/season. So the next time an idea pops up like level 7 on Dreadnaught Factor, just note it's a good idea and file it away for future reference. 

I'm fine with a 'split' week like with Auto Racing, with even weight to both courses, since someone might be frustrated by a specific course. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BiffMan said:

Suggestion for consideration: Bonus games should not be for the same game as the main game on a given week. I don't mean to create extra work for the moderator, but it's fun to have another game to play just for yucks as we did with Utopia.  It's less fun to slog through the same game again like Dracula on hard.

I'm totally fine also playing Dracula on hard, but would recommend it be deferred to a future week/season. So the next time an idea pops up like level 7 on Dreadnaught Factor, just note it's a good idea and file it away for future reference. 

I'm fine with a 'split' week like with Auto Racing, with even weight to both courses, since someone might be frustrated by a specific course. 

Looks like we have done that with Star Strike, Dreadnaught Factor and Dracula so in an 18 game season that would be once every 6 games, but yes I do see your point. Probably limiting that type of thing to just twice in a season would probably be best. WW / Utopia was pretty epic and fun. I was forced to learn Utopia. Still don't see how you got into the high 2,700's (2,780?) in that game, just insane. ?‍♂️

We are somewhat hamstrung by the amount of games in the library, but there are some games that would be great as bonus games like Utopia was. For example, Vectron would be great as a bonus game. Other ideas include Chess (you play as white and the fastest to checkmate gets the win, since it's timed), games like Lady Bug, even the unmentionable game would be more palatable as a bonus game and NOT stand alone, lol. Some sports games would also be great as bonus games, bowling, golf, also sports games where you play against the computer, although these would probably need special scoring, but there are alot of ideas to ponder no doubt. 

Also maybe we should make Season 14 go back to 16 games. 18 games is fun, but probably a tad bit too much for a season. 

Let's not forget AD&D, Thunder Castle, Tower of Doom games, great bonus games as well...... 

Lastly, the Coleco games would be MUCH better played as bonus games.... ?

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Looks like we have done that with Star Strike, Dreadnaught Factor and Dracula so in an 18 game season that would be once every 6 games, but yes I do see your point. Probably limiting that type of thing to just twice in a season would probably be best. WW / Utopia was pretty epic and fun. I was forced to learn Utopia. Still don't see how you got into the high 2,700's (2,780?) in that game, just insane. ?‍♂️

We are somewhat hamstrung by the amount of games in the library, but there are some games that would be great as bonus games like Utopia was. For example, Vectron would be great as a bonus game. Other ideas include Chess (you play as white and the fastest to checkmate gets the win, since it's timed), games like Lady Bug, even the unmentionable game would be more palatable as a bonus game and NOT stand alone, lol. Some sports games would also be great as bonus games, bowling, golf, also sports games where you play against the computer, although these would probably need special scoring, but there are alot of ideas to ponder no doubt. 

Also maybe we should make Season 14 go back to 16 games. 18 games is fun, but probably a tad bit too much for a season. 

Let's not forget AD&D, Thunder Castle, Tower of Doom games, great bonus games as well...... 

Lastly, the Coleco games would be MUCH better played as bonus games.... ?

Not saying we don't play a 2nd version of a game, even in the same season, just preferably not on the exact same week.

I'd like to see us mix in more 'unusual' games for HSC bonus like Football (highest score, or widest win margin), or a timed run on Tarmin, etc, so it doesn't have to be the usual suspects.

As far as Utopia goes, no magic to it just need to read that thread in the programming forum and understand how the scoring works.... ?

Edited by BiffMan
Utopia comment
  • Like 1

Guys,

I'm thinking about organizing something I am calling the 'Holiday Triple Pack' here at the HSC. It would be a 3 week long 'mini HSC Season' to help us get thru the gap from the end of Season 13 until the long 2 months when Season 14 begins sometime mid January 2021. 

It would be 3 games all starting on Sunday December 6th and lasting for 3 weeks ending Sunday December 27th. It would just be One Thread combining all 3 games into one 3 week period. The scoring would be exactly the same as Season 13's point scoring structure, bonuses included for breaking previous records. 

I'm thinking about the 3 games as we speak but hint, one of them will most likely be 'Christmas Carol' for obvious reasons..... :) 

So me and Matt are on board. Any other takers for this new HSC Holiday Tradition? ???

@IntyFanMatt @BiffMan @JacobZu7zu7 @fakecortex @Intelligentleman @Ace24 @popsicle @mr_me @Player One @hoosierdadee78 @gar0u @roadrunner @jblenkle @Mangia-Boy @wolfy62

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 3