IGNORED

I never expected this to happen!

Omega-TI

Sometimes people do an unexpected "180" when life slaps them upside the head.  A year ago, I never expected to be in the place I currently am in my TI hobby.  I've spent quite literally YEARS adding upgrades to my P-Box, with new capabilities and capacities.  I've added a card for this, a card for that, a legacy drive here, an emulated drive there, assorted bling and other updates... now... I've not used that P-Box in months.  Why?  Because EVERYTHING I do and use (with the exception of one thing) is now being done by that quiet, small, self-contained TIPI/32K unit.  Who would have ever figured, that me of all people would prefer and have most of their needs filled by that one tiny, inexpensive and incredibly awesome little gadget?  Unfreakingbelievable!  Thanks @J-Data

Mini-TIPI32K.png.194d5e9ec28b3d68217743018bc08c3d.png

• Like 3

Personally I have to have a SAMS and PGRAM or GRAMKRACKER or GRAMULATOR.

I always preferred loading my cartridges by this method mostly due to they are personally customized and very few ever have been produced.

Also instead of having 100 physical cartridges in a box they are all files to load so much more easy to switch and update.

Now if you only use 2 carts and no SAMS I can see your point.

54 minutes ago, RXB said:

Personally I have to have a SAMS and PGRAM or GRAMKRACKER or GRAMULATOR.

I always preferred loading my cartridges by this method mostly due to they are personally customized and very few ever have been produced.

Also instead of having 100 physical cartridges in a box they are all files to load so much more easy to switch and update.

Now if you only use 2 carts and no SAMS I can see your point.

Yeah, I can see you point of things as well for what you do.  I do have a SAMS in my P-Box, but I never use it's extended capabilities, maybe 'someday'.  The 32GB SD card in my TIPI can store more than I'll ever be able to stick in it, so I'm good on storage.  My FinalGROM only has a mere fraction of what it's capable of storing, so at this point those two items far exceed my storage needs.  When Force Command is thrown into the mix to bring everything together I'm satisfied.

In my humble opinion, many so-called 'power users' could be happy with a single TIPI/32k sidecar, FinalGROM and F18A.  From a strictly bang-for-the-buck scenario it's hard to beat.

• Like 1