IGNORED

Infiltrator - how to play

Poison

I would like to ask how to play this game, on atarimania I looked at instruction but iam not able to fly with helicopter to enemy base. When iam looking at YT videos from C64 it looks very easy, but atari version must be bad or something like that :)

there is Tactial map, but there is nothing on it. Only black dot (it is my helicopter) and nothing more . .  I do not know where to fly or what to do. Help me please :) I already ask to czech atarians and nobody knows.

http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=4112

thank you

I seem to remember it being a bugger to play, I was also stumped at the helicopter, I'll give it a shot a little later and if I find out I'll post back.

Its deffo one that you MUST use the manual, page 12 gets you up in the air, 13 and 14 tell you all you need to know (almost)...Could I shoot a plane down, no, need to read more but I got the helicopter up by pressing B, then S then I as per the manual..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

If the A8 version is anything like the C64 version, there's no need for combat in the helicopter sections. You start the engine, gain some altitude, line up the compass indicator and move forward. There should be 2 challenges from other aircraft, the first response is Infiltrator and the second is Overlord. Repeat for the return journey but swap the responses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poison said:

I would like to ask how to play this game, on atarimania I looked at instruction but iam not able to fly with helicopter to enemy base. When iam looking at YT videos from C64 it looks very easy, but atari version must be bad or something like that :)

there is Tactial map, but there is nothing on it. Only black dot (it is my helicopter) and nothing more . .  I do not know where to fly or what to do. Help me please :) I already ask to czech atarians and nobody knows.

http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=4112

thank you

: Flight controls

Joystick: Controls the movements of the helicopter

To take off / rise: pull the lever back
To descend: push the lever forward
To accelerate: press the fire button and push the lever forward
To brake: press the fire button and pull the lever back
To rotate: press the fire button and move the lever left or right
To tilt: move the lever left or right

Keyboard: Used to control the other functions of the helicopter. In the case of the flight, the keys will be used:

B ... Turn on the battery
S ... Turn on the on-board computer and communication systems
I ... start the engines
T ... Displays the on-board computer screen
* ... Displays the communication system screen
W ... Activate silent flight mode
+ ... Turn on the turbo booster
- ... Turn off the turbo booster

Edited by Yautja
  • Like 1

Here are the steps to take to the enemy camp and some recommendations not to die trying:

1. Press the sequence: B, S, I to start the helicopter.
2. When the RPM indicator shows you the value 2340, we will pull the joystick to go up to a minimum of 500 feet. There you can just access the on-board computer (T) and the ADF (*).
3. If you bank or try to turn during takeoff before 500 feet you crash. The maximum climb rate is 15 in 15 feet; the minimum is five (5) feet.
4. Enter the coordinates into the ADF, according to mission: 72.8 for mission 1; 17.5 for mission 2; and 26.3 for mission 3.
5. Press the fire button and push the joystick to accelerate. Try to maintain a speed of 300 knots, alternating it with the use of the turbo booster (+, -) to save fuel.
6. Take care that your altitude does not exceed one thousand (1000) feet, so that when you arrive at your destination, do not spend too much time - or fuel - on landing.
7. If you see other ships on the route, try to be the first to ask them to identify themselves (*, S: REQUEST ID). Answer them as the case may be as an ally (S, INFILTRATOR) or by posing as the Mad Leader's lackey (S, OVERLORD).
8. If you are engaged in a battle, remember that against the radar missiles (R) you must launch refracting material (C); against heat missiles (H), instead, use the flares (F).
9. Summon your firing staff with the "H" key. Press "G" to arm your guns; or "R" for your four (4) missiles.
10. Go checking your flight map from time to time, to find out how far you need to get to your destination.
11. You will know that you have reached the enemy base when the ADF arrow begins to spin wildly. It doesn't matter what altitude you are at, by the way.

• Like 1

I bought this game when it came out to try and support the 8bit line.  I wasnt much of a manual reader and quickly got frustrated and stopped playing.  About a year later I read the manual and gave it another go.  It wasnt too terribly difficult after reading the manual and a decent game if I recall correctly.