IGNORED

A new Kai Magazine and Elektronite game: Star Mercenary -A Space Opera-

Hi there!

I hope everyone is fine and staying safe.

Kai Magazine as developer and Elektronite as producer and publisher have been working on something during this crisis and now that the project is near to be completed we wanted to show you what we have been working on for the past months;

Star Mercenary: -A Space Opera- is an 8 directional space shooter (controls similar to Bosconian) with story and RPG elements, with an economy system, different missions, a shop with upgrades and more.

While the main body of the game is an arcade space shooter, it is a different kind of game with much more depth in game play as the majority of space shooters. 

It is difficult to explain with a few words, but I will try:

You play as a space mercenary who has to complete missions in order to obtain rewards and improve his fighter so he can access and survive harder missions.

Missions are chosen via a star map divided in sectors and the player can decide which missions to enlist from the currently available.

The game is very smooth, at 60FPS (NTSC) and 50FPS (PAL/SECAM), it features a double scroll, big explosions, chain reactions and constant frenetic action.

A game play video should be available in about 3 weeks approx.

For now here you have some screenshots.

Stay safe and take care!

00.png

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

• Like 21

That character is based on him, yes, but in comic style and within the limits of the Intellivision graphic capabilities, so I did my best with what I had.

It most certainly would have been much easier to draw anything else, any fictional character, but I wanted Charles for this scene/character.

• Like 2